Squeezelite and LMS

@WiiM Support @WiiM Team
In reference to ticket #490222...
I hate to seem impatient but I really would like to know if we are going to get the ability to give the Squeezelite client a separate distinguishable name from the Wiim at any time? Any updates on this. Thanks.

@WiiM Support @WiiM Team
In reference to ticket #490222...
I hate to seem impatient but I really would like to know if we are going to get the ability to give the Squeezelite client a separate distinguishable name from the Wiim at any time? Any updates on this. Thanks.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I can rename the WiiM to anything I want in the Material Skin player settings...

Screenshot 2023-09-27 9.28.16 PM.png

With the release of the latest firmware today, squeezelite works properly now with Roon without having to toggle volume to get output. However the remote doesn’t seem to control anything in this mode. Wondering if this is a Roon thing or general as when using Chromecast with Roon it works. Does the remote work when using LMS to feed the squeezelite on the Wiim Pro Plus?
Oops... Ignore

Not a lot, I'd venture. The pro is too expensive compared to the mini or pi-based setups.
Quite a lot, I’d venture. You have to get upnp going to use a mini with LMS (a Pro now just works), and many of us don’t want to put our fingers in a pi.

Fully synchronised playback in my Living Room (Pi) and Kitchen (WiiM Pro) using LMS. The sync is perfect.

IMG_6548.jpg

♪ Playing Song Of The Wind by Santana from Caravanserai (1972) (Local • 847kbps VBR, 16bit, 44.1kHz, 0.62dB, FLC)

I need remedial help. Here's my set-up. I have Linux running in background on my Chromebook. Using lms web interface.

It sees my wiim pro plus. When I connect to the wiim, it connects. If I have something else playing on wiim that I started using the app on my phone, the lms web interface connects to the wiim and stops what was playing.

However the no sound at all. I connect to radio paradise. Can see the track info. can see that it's playing but zero sound.

Any ideas here? Thx.

Also the wiim home app sees nothing except it does stop what was playing as well but no info coming from lms like tacks etc.

I need remedial help. Here's my set-up. I have Linux running in background on my Chromebook. Using lms web interface.

It sees my wiim pro plus. When I connect to the wiim, it connects. If I have something else playing on wiim that I started using the app on my phone, the lms web interface connects to the wiim and stops what was playing.

However the no sound at all. I connect to radio paradise. Can see the track info. can see that it's playing but zero sound.

Any ideas here? Thx.

Also the wiim home app sees nothing except it does stop what was playing as well but no info coming from lms like tacks etc.
I’m not aware that LMS is supported on Chromebook?

I’m not aware that LMS is supported on Chromebook?
It is. You use the chrome browser and web interface. Everything is working except for the no sound on the wiim but like I said it sees the wiim pro it's playing radio paradise, has all the track info on the web gui. Forgetting the chromebook part, how should all the plug ins and switches be set so you know that audio should be coming out of the wiim? Is it maybe related to upnp and some of the low volume issues others were having?

Like if you were flat out starting from scratch?

It is. You use the chrome browser and web interface. Everything is working except for the no sound on the wiim but like I said it sees the wiim pro it's playing radio paradise, has all the track info on the web gui. Forgetting the chromebook part, how should all the plug ins and switches be set so you know that audio should be coming out of the wiim? Is it maybe related to upnp and some of the low volume issues others were having?

Like if you were flat out starting from scratch?
The fact that you can run it in a Linux subsystem and access via web browser does not mean it works - as you have found out.

If it was working there would have been a thread about it in the LMS forums at some point in the last 15 years. I haven’t seen one.

The fact that you can run it in a Linux subsystem and access via web browser does not mean it works - as you have found out.

If it was working there would have been a thread about it in the LMS forums at some point in the last 15 years. I haven’t seen one.
Um. But why would it do everything except output volume? It sees the player. Plays the plug-ins, turns the currently playing music off so it is talking to the wiim on some level it's just not producing volume. It's seems to be a setting is off if everything else is working as people have described here.

That said, how should the settings in lms be to make sure they are correct to get the volume out?

Thanks!

Um. But why would it do everything except output volume? It sees the player. Plays the plug-ins, turns the currently playing music off so it is talking to the wiim on some level it's just not producing volume. It's seems to be a setting is off if everything else is working as people have described here.

That said, how should the settings in lms be to make sure they are correct to get the volume out?

Thanks!
I can’t tell you why as AFAIK nobody has got it to work.

If it did work then as the WiiM Pro has Squeezelite built in there is absolutely nothing you would need to set apart from the volume level to get it to work at a basic level. I very much doubt that the Pro is the problem.

It’s a royal PITA keeping LMS running in the Linux VM of a Chromebook. Just use an RPi or an Inovato Quadra.

Back