Support for plex

It's just plain laziness and ease of use. Just like spotify connect. It's so easy and nice to find music, create playlists, etc. It's what these apps do best. So being able to hand it over to the wiim would just be amazing

Hello,
Here's another vote for supporting plex as a media source. It should be possible considering other apps such as Symphonium have done it.
To be clear, you can already activate DLNA in plex and use it as media source in the WIIM app. So in a way, this already works

To be clear, you can already activate DLNA in plex and use it as media source in the WIIM app. So in a way, this already works
This has been mentioned a few times already...

Activating the DLNA service on the server side totally omits the use of the Plex(amp) client apps and the user experience that comes with them.

I've just bought a Raspberry Pi again purely for Plexamp. Although LMS came pretty close from a browsing experience, the latest upnp bridge plugin update broke gapless/continuous playback to the WiiM Pro...

And it doesn't look like we'll see Plex integration anytime soon.

My pi4 running piCorePlayer installs LMS 8.3 and UPnP bridge 1.8.2. Gapless works great. The only issue is the way the WiiM closes the audio port every time you skip tracks across the same clock - in my case I get the Schiit click of the muting relay.

My pi4 running piCorePlayer 8.2 installs LMS 8.2 and UPnP bridge 1.8.2. Gapless works great. The only issue is the way the WiiM closes the audio port every time you skip tracks across the same clock - in my case I get the Schiit click of the muting relay.
UPnP bridge 1.8.2 and 2.1.11 both work but the latest release version is 2.1.13 which doesn't. Don't let your LMS install update the bridge until it is fixed. The latest stable LMS is 8.3.1 btw.

UPnP bridge 1.8.2 and 2.1.11 both work but the latest release version is 2.1.13 which doesn't. Don't let your LMS install update the bridge until it is fixed. The latest stable LMS is 8.3.1 btw.
Bridge 2.1.13.2 works correctly for me with Mini and my flac, mp3 and wav test files. Oggs are not working.
Dockerized 8.3.1 LMS with squeeze2upnp-linux-x86_64 binary as static one crashes.

So 2.1.13 UPnP bridge gapless is truly borking the WiiM, but my Sonos Playbar handles the gapless playback fine with this version. Bug in the UPnP implementation @WiiM Support ? Wouldn’t be an issue if WiiM just implemented native Squeezelite.🥺

So 2.1.13 UPnP bridge gapless is truly borking the WiiM, but my Sonos Playbar handles the gapless playback fine with this version. Bug in the UPnP implementation @WiiM Support ? Wouldn’t be an issue if WiiM just implemented native Squeezelite.🥺
This is somehow related to the WiiM as the Pro behaves worse than the Mini.

And I’m getting a Schiit click when transitioning between two gapless tracks and then playback stops before starting the next track. Related to audio port closing when skipping tracks?

Port is closing and DAC is relocking to the incoming spdif clock every time track is manually advanced to another one. It happens even if no sample rate changes.

I've splitted a song into 3 parts and prepared in wav, flac, mp3 and ogg formats, so I have 12 songs in the playlist. Flacs first, then mp3, ogg and wavs. Mini stops just at the end of the second ogg file. Pro stops at the end of the first mp3 file.

@WiiM Support - allow me to add my voice to the chorus calling for squashing bugs before adding more features. And maybe have the team reread the chapter on regression testing.😁 My Wiims just got downgraded to being only airplay endpoints.

This is somehow related to the WiiM as the Pro behaves worse than the Mini.
I'm not sure and don't have a Pro to test with. It still hasn't appeared on Amazon UK
I have submitted logs of both 2.1.11 (working) and 2.1.13 (not working) to UPnP/DLNA Bridge developer at LMS.

Back