The European wait for the WiiM Ultra

What do you mean?
With the WiiM Pro Plus there have been multiple pcb revisions, which provided slightly better results in some measurements... Nothing to worry about.

WiiM have probably learned from the Pro Plus and already implemented these improvements in the Ultra, yet some people seem to be expecting/waiting for a new revision soon.

Has there been any hint from any party that this might be the case?

Is there any reason to believe that a new PCB version would come to Europe, first?
the situation is quite comparable, in worse, with the "plus" (see closer to what happened with the amp...) so I wonder about wiim's reaction... which at least was done at the time.... if it seems not to have been realized despite the evidence, maybe wiim will have understood to take the situation in hand on the side of the finalization and production
(To be honest, I have to admit that of the people who frequent this forum, you would be among those who would realize what is happening...surprising)
the longer the "measurement" reviews from others than onlyoneme are delayed, the more the situation will become entrenched and the ostrich policy will go further...
in the case of the "plus" the reaction was quite quick, the ultra plus in pain... but there...by the denial...:confused:

Last edited:
the situation is quite comparable, in worse, with the "plus" (see closer to what happened with the amp...) so I wonder about wiim's reaction... which at least was done at the time.... if it seems not to have been realized despite the evidence, maybe wiim will have understood to take the situation in hand on the side of the finalization and production
(To be honest, I have to admit that of the people who frequent this forum, you would be among those who would realize what is happening...surprising)
the longer the "measurement" reviews from others than onlyoneme are delayed, the more the situation will become entrenched and the ostrich policy will go further...
in the case of the "plus" the reaction was quite quick, the ultra plus in pain... but there...by the denial...:confused:
I've just been asking two questions (but didn't really expect an answer, anyway).

The situation with e.g. the WiiM Amp was totally different from what we have with the Ultra now. There are potential areas for improvement, yes, I did notice that, of course. But I don't see no scandal going on, nothing kept secret, no real issue, to be honest.

I've just been asking two questions (but didn't really expect an answer, anyway).

The situation with e.g. the WiiM Amp was totally different from what we have with the Ultra now. There are potential areas for improvement, yes, I did notice that, of course. But I don't see no scandal going on, nothing kept secret, no real issue, to be honest.
as for europe..it's just that it could be seen later in new batch and revision...
but in fact given thr lack of reaction from each other, wiim would have little reason to react even if it was obvious...."everything is normal"..even if it doesn't even correspond to what wikm themselves announced ;-)
subcontracting.....

Last edited:
as for europe..it's just that it could be seen later in new batch and revision...
but in fact given thr lack of reaction from each other, wiim would have little reason to react even if it was obvious...."everything is normal"..even if it doesn't even correspond to what wikm themselves announced ;-)
subcontracting.....
? 🙃

I assume there is a language barrier here because this does not maken any sense to me.

(As far as I know) There is no reason for a pcb revision so why even talk about it?

I assume there is a language barrier here because this does not maken any sense to me.

(As far as I know) There is no reason for a pcb revision so why even talk about it?
"I will have done what I could"....

"I will have done what I could"....
I also do not see any sense with this statements. There is no any issue with wiim ultra especially for "those who are active forum members" and for sure not for the users. Making such statements without any real explanation is nonsense.

There is only problem with Chromecast (Android audio cast) currently, but this was explained as Google related, soft update regarding that is needed.

I also do not see any sense with this statements. There is no any issue with wiim ultra especially for "those who are active forum members" and for sure not for the users. Making such statements without any real explanation is nonsense.

There is only problem with Chromecast (Android audio cast) currently, but this was explained as Google related, soft update regarding that is needed.
here than 11 days....gives you a lot of perspective, that's for sure
;-)

The only reason for a new pcb revision currently would be the addition of Apple Airp**y

;-)
Nobody has a clue what you're trying to say. Please use Google Translate or something. It'll make life easier for you and us :)

Last edited:
The only reason for a pcb modification currently would be the addition of Apple Airp**y

Nobody has a clue what you're trying to say. Please use Google Translate or something. It'll make life easier for you and us :)

in short summary...
Post in thread 'My Ultra tests' https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/my-ultra-tests.3964/post-64221

but invites you to read the thread... (and the work of a member of this forum...to my knowledge the only measurements available at the moment)

as for the translation it is already the case..

Last edited:

The biggest problem with Google Translate: garbage in, garbage out.

Translation isn’t the issue. A wilful and deliberate campaign of disrupting these forums, presumably for his own enjoyment, is the issue.

I used to go to school with a mate who moved to France in early adulthood, so is truly bilingual. He’s used to talking to people in both English and French and regularly sees people using online translation tools, which he rates.

I’ve shown him canard’s posts and asked if it’s a translation problem. He says no, canard is taking the p*ss.

Google translate doesn’t decide when to use capital letters by flipping a coin. Google translate doesn’t decide when to use line breaks by flipping a coin. Google translate doesn’t insert ellipses at random.

Which might initially indicate some poor sap being educationally sub-normal, at which point we should all be charitable. But canard uses enough intelligent language on occasion that we know this is not the case.

So it’s completely deliberate.

;-)
There is no any logic in this statement also. Reading, and registration are totally different things. You can read without registration. And I had ultra relatively long time now.

Translation isn’t the issue. A wilful and deliberate campaign of disrupting these forums, presumably for his own enjoyment, is the issue.

I used to go to school with a mate who moved to France in early adulthood, so is truly bilingual. He’s used to talking to people in both English and French and regularly sees people using online translation tools, which he rates.

I’ve shown him canard’s posts and asked if it’s a translation problem. He says no, canard is taking the p*ss.

Google translate doesn’t decide when to use capital letters by flipping a coin. Google translate doesn’t decide when to use line breaks by flipping a coin. Google translate doesn’t insert ellipses at random.

Which might initially indicate some poor sap being educationally sub-normal, at which point we should all be charitable. But canard uses enough intelligent language on occasion that we know this is not the case.

for your bilingual friend:

it's stupid and wrong..

and basically I spend a time "for the idiot" and which also makes me look like an idiot...

(the only question that arises concerns only myself, namely why I waste so much time...while like there, this subject concerns me will not concern because I will stay for my use on a "plus" ... )

there is an obvious problem of hardware-realization concerning the ultra, that's all.. and indeed not my problem...

and

I am lucky not to need the net to exist...

phew

;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes on the rare occasion he has posted in French it hasn't made sense either when fed into Google Translate. Google Translate normally makes perfect sense when translating from French. What is French for "troll" 🤣

Back