The European wait for the WiiM Ultra

What a kerfuffle!

After endless issues and delays, my Ultra finally arrived at my place of work a few minutes ago.

Of course, I now have to sit at my desk for the next 6 hours looking at the box, and being able to do nowt with it.
Hello, Steve! How are you, so long? I see you finally received your Ultra a week ago. What are your impressions, friend? I remember agreeing with you in many aspects of the functions and characteristics that I would need from the Ultra. Obviously it is not yet available even remotely in Argentina. Some importers bring it at exorbitant prices. So that you can see that you can always be worse, at the exchange rate, here it would cost about USD 856

WhatsApp Image 2024-08-12 at 15.38.39.jpeg

My impressions are all positive.

Unfortunately, listening time has been limited in general, and real ‘heads down’ serious and comparative listening has been almost impossible.

I’ve posted a few bits, and could post more, but I’m waiting to do it properly.

But if you’re wanting a quick thumbs up, you have one. Issues may appear when I can focus more, but for now it sounds exactly as it should. It’s the functionality and usability that’s impressed me most.

EDIT: And well done with the rugby.

Last edited:
My impressions are all positive.

Unfortunately, listening time has been limited in general, and real ‘heads down’ serious and comparative listening has been almost impossible.

I’ve posted a few bits, and could post more, but I’m waiting to do it properly.

But if you’re wanting a quick thumbs up, you have one. Issues may appear when I can focus more, but for now it sounds exactly as it should. It’s the functionality and usability that’s impressed me most.

EDIT: And well done with the rugby.
Hahaha, thanks! for the approval of the Ultra and for Los Pumas.
Unfortunately it is an underrated sport here. Always in the shadow of Fútbol (soccer).
If later you try something regarding bass management or room correction, I will be happy to read you.
Thanks Steve!

Hahaha, thanks! for the approval of the Ultra and for Los Pumas.
Unfortunately it is an underrated sport here. Always in the shadow of Fútbol (soccer).
If later you try something regarding bass management or room correction, I will be happy to read you.
Thanks Steve!

Bass management works a treat.

I haven’t run room correction, as currently it won’t correct below the sub crossover, so I’m waiting until a firmware update puts that rights

Guys, previous problem with playback screen resets is back. Im on firmware 5.2.626261

No it isn't.
It's available on Amazon isn't it?
Delivery :Tomorrow.

Another example:
Delivery time unclear..

Bol.com has it too( HIFI.EU shop)..but the delivery time is 1,2 weeks..

Again..on amazon it can be delivered tomorrow.Screenshot_20240821-192016.png

Last edited:
would be interesting to know if these new batches are new pcb-batches? ....
(and even better if that is the case..if it could be measured...)

would be interesting to know if these new batches are new pcb-batches? ....
(and even better if that is the case..if it could be measured...)
Has there been any hint from any party that this might be the case?

Is there any reason to believe that a new PCB version would come to Europe, first?

Back