The European wait for the WiiM Ultra

A wilful and deliberate campaign of disrupting these forums, presumably for his own enjoyment, is the issue.
This is not a valid conclusion, even with all the reasoning you give. We all "know" each other just from writing unimportant statements on a very specific, non-essential topic. That's enough to get upset (and I understand that very well), but it's not enough to draw conclusions on a person's character.

There are so many other reasons why people communicate in the specific way they do (or fail to do), it's best to account it all on Halon's Razor. Or maybe Nostradamus is amongst us.

My personal take is that he wants to say (but not speak out loud) that the Ultra is not meeting the specifications published by WiiM and that other measurements from third parties are held back.

Received mine today by DHL Express!. Still need (a) good (budget hifi) amp(s) to pair it with. I was in doubt, had Fosi Audio V3 mono or ZA3 on my mind all the the but i read/heard things about Schiit Rekkr or Gjallarhorn. They suppose to sound very good and are also compact but only few 5 watts per channel. Still they say it can go decent loud. Also more expensive than Fosi Audio amps. I think i will go for Fosi Audio amp(s).

Received mine today by DHL Express!. Still need (a) good (budget hifi) amp(s) to pair it with. I was in doubt, had Fosi Audio V3 mono or ZA3 on my mind all the the but i read/heard things about Schiit Rekkr or Gjallarhorn. They suppose to sound very good and are also compact but only few 5 watts per channel. Still they say it can go decent loud. Also more expensive than Fosi Audio amps. I think i will go for Fosi Audio amp(s).
You should really know what you need, first.

How big is your room? What is your listening distance? How loud do you want it to go? What is your speakers' efficiency? Do you have an active sub or not?

These amps are so fundamentally different, the only thing they have in common is an Internet community that hypes them ...

You should really know what you need, first.

How big is your room? What is your listening distance? How loud do you want it to go? What is your speakers' efficiency? Do you have an active sub or not?

These amps are so fundamentally different, the only thing they have in common is an Internet community that hypes them ...
That's the problem. There are many options and opinions and i want what works best for me. Problem is you can't hear/test them all at home haha.
My listening room (which is my living room) is not tiny (i think +/- 4 meters deep and 7 meters wide). Listening distance is +/- 3,5 meters). I want it to go plenty loud if i want to, dont want to turn the volume all the way up to get decent volumelevel (i like to have a little reserve). My speakers are Dali Ikon 1 mk2 (86 db). I have an active sub (Jamo S808).

Current amp is NAD C700 so i want to achieve same or better SQ etc. for less money.

I also received my ultra today!
Setting it up right now, hope to have enough time tomorrow to listen to some nice songs.
Now connected to a passive relay volume control and a Nilai class D power amplifer and Sonus Faber cremona speakers.
Hope to link the cremona sub to the Ultra later and see if it brings a good integration for stereo sound (now only used for HT).

I also received my ultra today!
Setting it up right now, hope to have enough time tomorrow to listen to some nice songs.
Now connected to a passive relay volume control and a Nilai class D power amplifer and Sonus Faber cremona speakers.
Hope to link the cremona sub to the Ultra later and see if it brings a good integration for stereo sound (now only used for HT).
Congrats! Which country? Let us know what you think of The Ultra once you've set it up and listened to it.

That's the problem. There are many options and opinions and i want what works best for me. Problem is you can't hear/test them all at home haha.
My listening room (which is my living room) is not tiny (i think +/- 4 meters deep and 7 meters wide). Listening distance is +/- 3,5 meters). I want it to go plenty loud if i want to, dont want to turn the volume all the way up to get decent volumelevel (i like to have a little reserve). My speakers are Dali Ikon 1 mk2 (86 db). I have an active sub (Jamo S808).

Current amp is NAD C700 so i want to achieve same or better SQ etc. for less money.
If you already have an amp then why not use that?

... dont want to turn the volume all the way up to get decent volumelevel (i like to have a little reserve).
Forget abou that concept, first. Reaching you desired loudness at 50% volume control setting says absolutely nothing about how much headroom is left. Really nothing. A good combination with a finely matched gain structure simply will not distorted with the volume set at 100%.

My listening room (which is my living room) is not tiny (i think +/- 4 meters deep and 7 meters wide). Listening distance is +/- 3,5 meters).
With a room like that, also forget those Shiit amps immediately. They will not work with your speakers. The sub is of some advanced, but it's still.just too little.power.

I don't know the C700 so I can't promise you anything regarding SQ. But stay away from the ZA3.

Back