Updated Products Roadmap

Wiim stated that left and right peq will be release on 6/22 and ASRC with same date. We’re in for a treat on another important feature.

Could it be used for vinyl ripping?

I am considering building a system based on the Wiim Amp (or Wiim Amp Pro if I spend long enough thinking about it). I have not owned a turntable for years, but looking to add one. I still have much of my original pre-CD vinyl collection tucked away, and would like to not only play but also to try ripping some of this. I could buy a USB equipped turntable, but would I be right in thinking that my choice wouldn't be so restricted if the Amp supported USB out?

I could play from the turntable, through the Amp, connect to my laptop and record with Audacity, no? 🤞
From the ultra Q&A

If I use line(phono) input from the turntable, can we record the song to a digital music file, i.e., as a flac, wav, etc. file format, on USB storage?It's possible.

I actually think that question / answer is a bit ambiguous.
It reads like a thumb drive can be plugged into the usb port and music recorded to it.
I suspect it's more like what you were asking, where the wiim sends usb audio out and something downstream could record it.

From the ultra Q&A

If I use line(phono) input from the turntable, can we record the song to a digital music file, i.e., as a flac, wav, etc. file format, on USB storage?It's possible.

I actually think that question / answer is a bit ambiguous.
It reads like a thumb drive can be plugged into the usb port and music recorded to it.
I suspect it's more like what you were asking, where the wiim sends usb audio out and something downstream could record it.
Yeah, didn’t like that answer. I’m sure the person who asked it now has the wrong impression :(

Hi Team,

We'd like to provide some updates on our upcoming releases:
  1. Room Correction: This feature will be available starting June 15.
  2. Separate 10-Band PEQ for Left and Right Channels: Scheduled for release on June 22.
  3. DLNA Cast: This will enter Beta testing on June 22.
  4. ASRC Fix: Scheduled for release on June 22.
  5. USB Out: This will enter Beta testing on June 22.
Thank you for your patience and support as we roll out these exciting new features!
Any news on per channel PEQ?

It's running late ;)

Seriously, given the spate of rollouts last week, I'd be surprised to see it this week. More likely by the end of next week imho
Possibly but they only announced the release date a week earlier. I didn't get the Room Correction update until 4 or 5 days after the release date though (even though I can't use it 🤣)

Back