Updated Products Roadmap

Hi Team,

We hope to release the first version of the native Plex client in August 2024. Please stay tuned!
Will it include the Plex Radio features similar to Plex Amp? This feature would be tremendous.

As you may have noticed, most of the LMS users on this forum have the "Don't Stop the Music" plugin enabled which is similar.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-06-20-08-25-38-31_a7cb8c8537eeb40ea9ed490d6883587a.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-06-20-08-25-38-31_a7cb8c8537eeb40ea9ed490d6883587a.jpg
    640.2 KB · Views: 13
It should be noted too that, as the Mini doesn’t have RC, you can always get the HouseCurve app, which I think is <£10 for the full fat version, then input the results manually into the Mini’s PEQ.

Will it include the Plex Radio features similar to Plex Amp? This feature would be tremendous.
I suppose it should just work. I'm not entirely sure how the extra functionality of Plexamp works technically, but I'm pretty sure the different automatic playlists, radio's etc are generated server-side, where all the indexing happens.
Hi Team,

We hope to release the first version of the native Plex client in August 2024. Please stay tuned!
That's amazing!! Will there be a beta version?

I suppose it should just work. I'm not entirely sure how the extra functionality of Plexamp works technically, but I'm pretty sure the different automatic playlists, radio's etc are generated server-side, where all the indexing happens.
I think we're on the same page. WiiM says that they are building a native client, so hopefully it will take advantage of the server-side generated automatic playlists.

Hi Team,

We'd like to provide some updates on our upcoming releases:
  1. Room Correction: This feature will be available starting June 15.
  2. Separate 10-Band PEQ for Left and Right Channels: Scheduled for release on June 22.
  3. DLNA Cast: This will enter Beta testing on June 22.
  4. ASRC Fix: Scheduled for release on June 22.
  5. USB Out: This will enter Beta testing on June 22.
Thank you for your patience and support as we roll out these exciting new features!
Will separate left and right peq work on rc?

For the upcoming WiiM Amp update, what would "USB Audio Output" be used for?

Could it be used for vinyl ripping?

I am considering building a system based on the Wiim Amp (or Wiim Amp Pro if I spend long enough thinking about it). I have not owned a turntable for years, but looking to add one. I still have much of my original pre-CD vinyl collection tucked away, and would like to not only play but also to try ripping some of this. I could buy a USB equipped turntable, but would I be right in thinking that my choice wouldn't be so restricted if the Amp supported USB out?

I could play from the turntable, through the Amp, connect to my laptop and record with Audacity, no? 🤞

Back