usb chargers

kalle

Hello, several of my phone chargers are dual voltage 5V and 9V (so-called fast charging)
What happens if it decides to output 9V into the mini, or will the load lock it to 5V? i assume its not an issue, but better safe than sorry.

Hello, several of my phone chargers are dual voltage 5V and 9V (so-called fast charging)
What happens if it decides to output 9V into the mini, or will the load lock it to 5V? i assume its not an issue, but better safe than sorry.
I'd suspect it might fry the mini...

Please check the specs on the charger, if the Output shows 5V, you are good to go. I use a 5V=3A GaN charger for my Pro.

Screenshot_2024-05-27-11-49-59-899_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

it does say 5 and 9V like this photo i found online, and when i hook it up to non-samsung brand (xiaomi) a different charge icon appears (even though its 5V capacity is smaller than xiaomi`s own 5V chargers). but the connection type still decides the correct voltage?

Attachments

• usb.JPG
    usb.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 6

Mi 11 supports PD 3.0 and the included 55W charger supports 9V=3A. So maybe the Samsung charger can do 9V charging. (I do not know any more.)

But it should be able to power the WiiM at 5V.

Screenshot_2024-05-27-19-27-55-376_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Back