VU meter

spenner72

Just got mine today and very easy to set up.
2 small issues found so far:

1: the “VU meter” stay right over to the right hand side no matter what is playing
2: the rainbow spectrum analyser on the phono input bears no resemblance to what is playing, it even moves when nothing is playing

IMG_0925.jpeg
IMG_0924.jpeg

I have noticed VU issue too. I think issue is using 'fixed volume output'. The graph needs to recalibrate when in that mode. Hopefully they fix soon. I sent a feedback report.

Hypothetically, what would you have it recalibrate to?
Let the needle bounce around the middle (90degree line). Currently it bounces around the 5degree line. They can remove the numbers from the display if that helps keep it honest.

I've noticed the VU meter issue once or twice. I think the VU meter pegged to the right is due to whatever the source is having the volume too high.

The spectrum display is just an animation, it would be easy to implement a real spectrum display, maybe in the future?

The needle on the VU meter stays mainly right on my Ultra too, I have fixed output.

The vu should have the option to be set to show input or volume. It's set to volume so people that use the fixed output will see it pegged. Nads have it set to represent input so it is the same with the volume up down or fixed.

I've noticed the VU meter issue once or twice. I think the VU meter pegged to the right is due to whatever the source is having the volume too high.

The spectrum display is just an animation, it would be easy to implement a real spectrum display, maybe in the future?
Mine was pegged as the just about all the way to the right when I was using my amp for volume control. When I connected there Ultra to the preamp input and started using it for volume it’s mostly in the center or left side.

dont know if I am missing something , how to do you get to the VU meter? If a scroll to the left all I get is album art, the song with album art and than song list.

dont know if I am missing something , how to do you get to the VU meter? If a scroll to the left all I get is album art, the song with album art and than song list.
You have to choose it in the app, Screen Settings, Playback Screen.

This Issue (bad by meter on fixed volume output) has been fixed with latest firmware update. Thank you WiiM Team!

To improve the VU meter's functionality consider resetting the device settings or testing different audio sources0 It might also be helpful to suggest that the WiiM team add a calibration option for t_he meter in future software updates;)

To improve the VU meter's functionality consider resetting the device settings or testing different audio sources0 It might also be helpful to suggest that the WiiM team add a calibration option for t_he meter in future software updates;)
Hi @Ordeftyj
My DAC Topping D70 Pro Sabre too has a WuMeter. Well, in DAC's settings i can change via software the sensitivity of the Meter from Classic Vu 0 db = +10dBu to +4 dBu. Default is +4dBU. I can say that Topping Meter works Properly. I've suggested to WiiM to introduce a calibration option in their next FW upgrade. This could be the right way ;)
We'll see, for now I haven't had an answer, or rather they told me that the latest version of the FW has solved the problem.
Let's say that the Meter has improved, but it doesn't work well at all.
With albums recorded at high volume, the needle continues to oscillate mainly in the final DX part of the scale.

Off Topic: would it be possible to show the current time as a display option?

Back