WiiM Amp Pro

impedance curve of blade above 4-5 khz? what musics use etc
what level of requirement...? etc. I don't know him...

around me, among experienced people with other options in the cupboards, past the surprising q/p effect of small class d...
over time, they all ended up putting them away " in troubleshooting" and handed over modest but more classic class options like ab nad rotel or small English amps etc on their modest systems... "too hard- tiring etc these small class d...in the duration..." but to be honest I don't trust anyone to be interested in this impedance story...
(we know constant impedance speakers like the old 104/2 4ohm which could perhaps be more suitable etc.)

"""over time"""" that's what makes all the difference... always
the irony is that the a/b tests done to uncover bias are ultimately also a bias...

I have opinions in my cupboard, too.

A few in my sock drawer as well.

But as I say, there’s an undeniable hypocrisy to citing a reviewer for noticing something in the measurements, but then insisting he’s wrong (or actually just pretending he doesn’t exist) when he notes he doesn’t find it audible.

he hasn't measured anything that hasn't been known for a while about this type of approach and this chip...
(the arrival, implementation, put forward for several months of the pffb has just made the subject resonate differently, while it was voluntarily put aside in the name of "not too much impact and the cost/power" of these small classes d )

( impedance curve of his blade kef ?)

will just be case by case depending on the speakers, requirements etc. that's all...
(I don't care..just tell myself that if friends asked me their opinion..I would warn them regarding the amp-loudspeaker marriage..precautions to take..just that)

Last edited:
impedance curve of blade above 4-5 khz? what musics use etc
what level of requirement...? etc. I don't know him...

around me, among experienced people with other options in the cupboards, past the surprising q/p effect of small class d...
over time, they all ended up putting them away " in troubleshooting" and handed over modest but more classic class options like ab nad rotel or small English amps etc on their modest systems... "too hard- tiring etc these small class d...in the duration..." but to be honest I don't trust anyone to be interested in this impedance story...
(we know constant impedance speakers like the old 104/2 4ohm which could perhaps be more suitable etc.)

"""over time"""" that's what makes all the difference... always
the irony is that the a/b tests done to uncover bias are ultimately also a bias...
When you say 104/2 are you referring to KEF? I have 105/3s that I got at an estate sale and had refoamed by Orange County. I also have the Kube 2. I would like to eliminate the Kube and maybe use the eq in a Wimm amp.

Now I’m wondering if the amp and the equalizer will have enough delay to mess up the whole house synch.

I was talking specifically about the 104/2 kef... not the 105/2 which I don't know about the impedance curve side... the 104/2 was a rather special case...

he hasn't measured anything that hasn't been known for a while about this type of approach and this chip...
(the arrival, implementation, put forward for several months of the pffb has just made the subject resonate differently, while it was voluntarily put aside in the name of "not too much impact and the cost/power" of these small classes d )

( impedance curve of his blade kef ?)

will just be case by case depending on the speakers, requirements etc. that's all...
(I don't care..just tell myself that if friends asked me their opinion..I would warn them regarding the amp-loudspeaker marriage..precautions to take..just that)

He checked it out with several different speakers.

He checked it out with several different speakers.
the requirements-needs of each other vary so much...that each one has to have their own experience...the prescriber effect on the internet clearly shows its limits in this area...

all my friends whose experience I know see their musical tastes, their quirks (hihi), who put them away had nothing to gain by doing so..it's worth to me the opinion of a stranger etc. I can sort things out a little.. ;-)
(I really wouldn't want to become a solution prescriber, or parrot things asserted on the internet, really not...but if I can warn friends...that I will...it's quite different ;-) )

I'm also not the one "to argue with someone" on such an unessential subject, let's stick with it..thank you

Last edited:
the requirements-needs of each other vary so much...that each one has to have their own experience...the prescriber effect on the internet clearly shows its limits in this area...

all my friends whose experience I know see their musical tastes, their quirks (hihi), who put them away had nothing to gain by doing so..it's worth to me the opinion of a stranger etc. I can sort things out a little.. ;-)
(I really wouldn't want to become a solution prescriber, or parrot things asserted on the internet, really not...but if I can warn friends...that I will...it's quite different ;-) )

I'm also not the one "to argue with someone" on such an unessential subject, let's stick with it..thank you
Maybe your friends didn't have room correction or EQ available on their Class D amps :)

Maybe your friends didn't have room correction or EQ available on their Class D amps :)
indeed...
(but I also have those who ultimately preferred to remove the DSP, or use only on sub, whatever the amp class hehe ;) )
It's not all that simple... ;-)

Last edited:

I’m sorry, I don’t understand most of that.

May I politely ask that you re-write it.

Many thanks.

On a different but much needed note, I set the filter thingy on startup and it's got an echo in the vocals, how do I get back to that menu option (im totally green about filters and just getting used to the wiim plus) please?

On a different but much needed note, I set the filter thingy on startup and it's got an echo in the vocals, how do I get back to that menu option (im totally green about filters and just getting used to the wiim plus) please?
You posted to a WiiM Amp forum but I suspect you own a WiiM Pro Plus?

This has different filter settings for the DAC and EQ settings. Which are you referring to?
DAC filter settings:

EQ settings:
Hit the gear icon on the Device page of the WiiM Home app and press EQ.

Yeah sorry it popped up in notifications while I was trying to find how to do it, I'm new to commenting on forums and saw the other settings above and asked without looking further at the post, I am very interested in the new amp though, and well impressed with my plus so far,selected one of the roll of things on rushing setup and couldn't find it again, haven't a clue what I'm doing, but thanks for the reply and understanding, got my ifi ipower 2 and it seems to be making the bass punchier and sort of smooths everything, could be placebo, wasn't impressed with Amazon uhd music through firestick Max and had no control over output, I'm waffling sorry

Here we go again! Can someone understand this?

Yeah sorry it popped up in notifications while I was trying to find how to do it, I'm new to commenting on forums and saw the other settings above and asked without looking further at the post, I am very interested in the new amp though, and well impressed with my plus so far,selected one of the roll of things on rushing setup and couldn't find it again, haven't a clue what I'm doing, but thanks for the reply and understanding, got my ifi ipower 2 and it seems to be making the bass punchier and sort of smooths everything, could be placebo, wasn't impressed with Amazon uhd music through firestick Max and had no control over output, I'm waffling sorry
Did you find the filter settings you've been looking for?

Here we go again! Can someone understand this?
Hi @Smartplug I think all @canard saying is that he, and his mates, are not a fans of Class D amps from their experience perspective. And he respects that experience over the review of someone on the internet. He can make this judgement himself and the class D amps they have bought have ended up in the cupboard. But he does wish to tell people that Class AB is the 'don' of amp technology in his opinion and flag to fellow forum members what he sees as the deficiency of Class D amps.
However he doesn't really want to get in an argument about it.

Did you find the filter settings you've been looking for?
O found the list with ql hl or something next to a list of frequencies but when I first set it up it gave me roll off settings i think, it's 5.45 am and i can't play with it , I have noticed when you power on the volume sets at zero, really got me looking for problems with my avr that weren't their till i accidentally pressed volume, just been watching Erin etc on their broadcast , only Joe and tell ever heard of wiim!! and Joe only had and knew about the amp that's available at the present
I like my plus so much I want the new amp, it's reminded me of true expensive hi fi I heard as a kid in friends houses with quality gear, never thought id actually afford that quality,at a basic level I've spent a few thousand but this has really changed my system
Bed time for me and thank you and any advice is appreciated

Hi @Smartplug I think all @canard saying is that he, and his mates, are not a fans of Class D amps from their experience perspective. And he respects that experience over the review of someone on the internet. He can make this judgement himself and the class D amps they have bought have ended up in the cupboard. But he does wish to tell people that Class AB is the 'don' of amp technology in his opinion and flag to fellow forum members what he sees as the deficiency of Class D amps.
However he doesn't really want to get in an argument about it.
I thought real audiophiles only used class A tube amps.

I thought real audiophiles only used class A tube amps.
Class A will give you low power out due to heat generation and energy wasted but give you the cleanest pure fidelity. AB is the most common class used by audiophile.

Class A will give you low power out due to heat generation and energy wasted but give you the cleanest pure fidelity. AB is the most common class used by audiophile.
I know that, but class D, in theory, has the same potential as digital audio in general. If perfectly implemented it has no crossover distortion. I’m not saying any product has achieved this.

Back