WiiM Amp

Where can I find a review of how the amp actually sounds? I see bits and pieces but not much discussion about sound quality,
I really am counting on it being pretty decent.
Go search on YouTube, cheap audio man and John darko are among who review the product.

Mine say arriving tomorrow but it hasnt shipped yet, will see since the original delivery was the 12 and got push back.

Please @WiiM Support add the feature to manage volume independently for each source asap. I almost got a heart attack today when switching from HDMIM to Wifi streaming. o_O
Please raise a feature request ticket thru the feedback section of the WiiM app - that’s the best way of bringing an issue to WiiM’s attention as that way they can more easily gauge the interest for such a feature.

Please @WiiM Support add the feature to manage volume independently for each source asap. I almost got a heart attack today when switching from HDMIM to Wifi streaming. o_O
I thought I'd read that you could preset equaliser settings for each input/source? Is that not the case? Does that include volume levels?

I dont think either of those features have yet been implemented afaics.
@WiiM Support

Hmm that's a biggie for me. As I understood it, we could set an equaliser setting and level for each source. If we have to change equaliser setting and levels everytime we change source, that will be a real drag.

@WiiM Support

Hmm that's a biggie for me. As I understood it, we could set an equaliser setting and level for each source. If we have to change equaliser setting and levels everytime we change source, that will be a real drag.
While it’s not automatic, you can save custom EQ/PEQ settings say with the name of the input and apply that when you change source. One more short step admittedly but better than nothing at all 🤷‍♂️

While it’s not automatic, you can save custom EQ/PEQ settings say with the name of the input and apply that when you change source. One more short step admittedly but better than nothing at all 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, requires remote and people with knowledge though!
Could you also tell me can the amp be controlled for volume and source switching using Alexa currently?

Yeah, requires remote and people with knowledge though!
Could you also tell me can the amp be controlled for volume and source switching using Alexa currently?
yeah, the usual music/volume controls work by voice from any echo device, but you’ll need to use the WiiM remote to change source

yeah, the usual music/volume controls work by voice from any echo device, but you’ll need to use the WiiM remote to change source

Had a thought that Alexa routines might help here, so I tried the following examples which allow you to invoke the routine by name from any echo device (or indeed the WiiM remote) and have the switch input command delivered that way. It seems to work with these examples which also allow you to set the volume for the input you’ve switched to which might also help those experiencing volume issues when switching sources on the WiiM Amp.

Note that I call my WiiM Amp “small speakers“ in the Alexa app as it struggles understanding “WiiM”…

Screenshot_20231229-113232_Original.jpgScreenshot_20231229-113258_Original.jpg

Ordered a Wiim Amp from Amazon UK on Friday 22nd Dec. The page suggested it would arrive early January, so I guessed it wasnt in stock, and was prepared for delays.

Anyway, it arrived on Wednesday, (27th Dec), although I havent had a chance to set it up yet.

I finally got my wiim amp that I ordered end of November. First impression that don’t correspond to other reviewer saying sound lean and clean. The sound I got from this amp is clean and strong bass. A bit dry which I think the character on class d amp. Polk legend does in fact sing on this amp.

If wiim can turn usb either input or out perhaps they can do the same with rca in? I think the ultimate feature that can integrate with any wiim is room correction and that will leave other streamer irrelevant for those who has room acoustic problem.

I finally got my wiim amp that I ordered end of November. First impression that don’t correspond to other reviewer saying sound lean and clean. The sound I got from this amp is clean and strong bass. A bit dry which I think the character on class d amp. Polk legend does in fact sing on this amp.
I'm driving a pair of Thiel 3.5's and they sound good. I feel that there is a bit of a thin curtain in front of the speakers but not too bad. I'm only able to play 16 x 44 on Amazon Prime music for now. I think the HD would make a lot of difference.

I'm driving a pair of Thiel 3.5's and they sound good. I feel that there is a bit of a thin curtain in front of the speakers but not too bad. I'm only able to play 16 x 44 on Amazon Prime music for now. I think the HD would make a lot of difference.
Amazon Music Prime is lossy MP3 not lossless CD quality that 16/44.1 normally suggests, and yes you should hear a difference with lossless Amazon Music Unlimited with its HD and UHD offerings

Back