WiiM Amp

Can you elaborate this? Audio out? As far I’m concerned all connection on wiim amp are all inputs. If what you’re saying is indeed true, this is the function I rather have to connect my mono block amp. If wiim can reverse engineering function of the rca that can be use either in or out via firmware update many will be floored.
See pp19-20 in the WiiM Amp manual which refers to bluetooth out (kind of essential for headphone use ;) ) and airplay cast which the Pro and Pro Plus have. Also, if the Amp DAC has digital filters, that's where I would expect to see them. The app currently doesn't have an Audio Output menu at all to configure those options.

I'm not expecting any more than that.

See pp19-20 in the WiiM Amp manual which refers to bluetooth out (kind of essential for headphone use ;) ) and airplay cast which the Pro and Pro Plus have. Also, if the Amp DAC has digital filters, that's where I would expect to see them. The app currently doesn't have an Audio Output menu at all to configure those options.

I'm not expecting any more than that.
Wow ok I thought rca can be configured to output to put a smile on my mono block

On checking the app to refresh my memory, I think that restriction might now only apply to the WiiM Mini, so you should be OK with the Amp in a MRM group with Amazon Music Unlimited. However, from what I've seen, I think Alexa MRM is restricted to 24/48 anyway.

Not sure what you mean with your second comment - even though the Amp might be part of a multiroom group, like any echo/alexa enabled device it can still play independently of the group, so yes it will support Amazon Music Unlimited up to the full 24/192 resolution
You answered my second comment. I wanted to see if only using the WiiM amp to stream I would get HD without having to remove the amp from the multiroom group.

I appreciate your response mate. It's just not what I'm after. A public announcement from Wiim would be fitting here or there could be a lot of disappointed people come Christmas day. There has been no news from Wiim or retailers in the UK that support your view, therefore, @WiiM Support need to set the record straight here for all concerned, not just me.
Hi, just got an optimistic response from WiiM: “we have distributors in the UK/EU who will be getting inventory as well as our own Amazon listings. We hope to have stock available late next week.”

Edit: sorry, WiiM have just revised that till the end of December :(

Last edited:
And Amazon UK but “currently unavailable”. Don’t know though whether that means you can order it there by the end of next week or the end of December or whether you can pre-order it soon but delivery will be the end of December??

And Amazon UK but “currently unavailable”. Don’t know though whether that means you can order it there by the end of next week or the end of December or whether you can pre-order it soon but delivery will be the end of December??
I can't even see it on the UK Amazon app?

In Germany you need a deviation over "visit the WiiM store" and once you are there click on "more".

I can't even see it on the UK Amazon app?
I think the app only searches for in stock items. Search first for the WiiM Mini or Pro, and from there select the WiiM Store where the Amp should appear. Clicking on it there should bring up the WiiM Amp product page. That’s what I did in my browser.

Cheers. See it now.

FYI retailers are saying they've been let down by Wiim. They were told that stock was arriving yesterday. They are now being told next week. We'll see. Would be nice to hear from @WiiM Support themselves, but they're not responding on any front.

Cheers. See it now.

FYI retailers are saying they've been let down by Wiim. They were told that stock was arriving yesterday. They are now being told next week. We'll see. Would be nice to hear from @WiiM Support themselves, but they're not responding on any front.
Those quotes are direct from WiiM - I DM’d them

Cheers. See it now.

I ordered the Amp on 29th of November from WiiM-Audio (Audiotrade) and they send me an order confirmation and that they would prepare shipment and notify my if it the Amp is sent out. I have not heard from them again. Seems to be the same thing, so I will just wait. At least it ist not a christmas present, or maybe yes, one for myself. ;)

There’s was wiim app update on iOS but no balance.
Was just about to post that, although something WiiM said to me (about the missing Audio Output section) was that an update was expected by the end of the week. Two app updates in a week would be unusual though.

Attachments

• IMG_8356.jpeg
    IMG_8356.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 29
Just wondering what wiim amp is using for a power light indicator. Have a ps audio sprout 100......blaring blue led light on front panel is the reason I'm getting rid of it......why won't someone use a flood light of sorts underneath the unit with a soothing glow for cry eye.....and and option to turn it of....even by switch if need be.?

Just wondering what wiim amp is using for a power light indicator. Have a ps audio sprout 100......blaring blue led light on front panel is the reason I'm getting rid of it......why won't someone use a flood light of sorts underneath the unit with a soothing glow for cry eye.....and and option to turn it of....even by switch if need be.?
based on one of the reviews, I believe you can turn this one off. They also commented it wasn't as bright as one of the other devices they owned.

Back