Wiim Class A/B Power AMP

The PFFB implementation in the WiiM Amp Pro should even up the differences even more - though I think compared to some Class A or AB Amps, the actual power output of WiiM Amp is a bit weak.

:LOL:I liked it... Once an acceptable level of performance is reached by a system, all is done by speakers, listening room, theirs interactions and mostly important, endorphins. Anything else is a "supercazzola" (feel free to search for the meaning of)... 😎

I wasn’t aware of the word; thanks for pointing it out, I may use it a lot.
I liked it... Once an acceptable level of performance is reached by a system, all is done by speakers, listening room, theirs interactions and mostly important, endorphins. Anything else is a "supercazzola" (feel free to search for the meaning of)... 😎

I wasn’t aware of the word; thanks for pointing it out, I may use it a lot.

Once an acceptable level of performance is reached by a system
Question is what is this level exactly, when no one, regardless of the personal abilities, trained hearing etc. could distinguish differences in audibility between the audio equipment.

Question is what is this level exactly, when no one, regardless of the personal abilities, trained hearing etc. could distinguish differences in audibility between the audio equipment.
Nothing extraordinary nor pedantic, if one of the blind test gears, easily reaches clipping at desired listening level, could be an example of unacceptable performance level to be aware of. Or earable noises coming from unshielded cables also...

Nothing extraordinary nor pedantic, if one of the blind test gears, easily reaches clipping at desired listening level, could be an example of unacceptable performance level to be aware of. Or earable noises coming from unshielded cables also...
Those ones are examples of strong evidences that something is wrong, but what about subtlenesses? And who is the one who makes this blind test?
It's rather easy to give examples of unacceptable performance.

This is why I asked about Pure Digital version of WiiM on another thread - no analogue inputs and outputs. Let WiiM do what it does the best - streaming music services and good app / user interface. Other than that, WiiM is less likely to be competitive - DAC, Amplifier, DSP (Room Correction, EQ, subwoofer crossover).

This is why I asked about Pure Digital version of WiiM on another thread - no analogue inputs and outputs. Let WiiM do what it does the best - streaming music services and good app / user interface. Other than that, WiiM is less likely to be competitive - DAC, Amplifier, DSP (Room Correction, EQ, subwoofer crossover).
I dunno, if the room correction when it's finished, can transform the sound as it can for other units, I think the WiiM will be very strong.

I’d agree, with the caveat that it’d be great to include a cracking ADC,

Those ones are examples of strong evidences that something is wrong, but what about subtlenesses? And who is the one who makes this blind test?
It's rather easy to give examples of unacceptable performance.
You can trust or not a given blind test results but its purpose should be checking if subtlenesses could matter without some "externally biases".
End of "off topic"... 😎

You can trust or not a given blind test results but its purpose should be checking if subtlenesses could matter without some "externally biases".
End of "off topic"... 😎
It's not about trust, when it's blind and proper, then it is, but it's rather about personal abilities. For example I'm not trained and I do not consider myself as able to hear subtlenesses.
So let it be the last off topic on my side here too.

I only bought the WiiM amp for the bass management really. All my streaming etc is by LMS. Room Correction will be an added bonus.

Back