WiiM Home App v2.10.7 Update - Jul 24, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the app update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

iOS Release Notes
v2.10.7

What's New:

1. Support for Samba Shared Folders: Browse and play music directly from your shared folders.
2. Improved Indexing on Windows Media Player NAS Server: Experience faster and more efficient access to shared content from Windows Media Player.
3. Detailed Settings for Slave Devices: View full setting information for connected slave devices.
4. Enhanced Room Correction: Includes a new step to evaluate and display the effectiveness of room correction, showing actual results.
5. UI Improvements:
- Displays the account name of signed-in music services on the Browse page.
- Enhances the now-playing page for a better user experience.
6. Device Discovery Improvement: Introduces a new troubleshooting process to improve device discovery.
7. Per-Channel EQ (Beta): Customize Parametric EQ settings individually for each channel. Available in the upcoming beta firmware.

Android Release Notes (Under review by Google Play)
v2.10.7

What's New:

1. Improved Indexing on Windows Media Player NAS Server: Experience faster and more efficient access to shared content from Windows Media Player.
2. Detailed Settings for Slave Devices: View full setting information for connected slave devices.
3. UI Improvements:
- Displays the account name of signed-in music services on the Browse page.
- Enhances the now-playing page, including a specific layout for Tablet landscape mode.
- Enhances the playlist, artist, and album pages for Tablet landscape mode.
4. Device Discovery Improvement: Introduces a new troubleshooting process to improve device discovery.
5. Per-Channel EQ (Beta): Customize Parametric EQ settings individually for each channel. Available in the upcoming beta firmware.

Bug Fixes:

1. Samba Login Issue: Fixed a problem where users couldn't log in if their username or password had special characters.

I’m curious if per channel eq can be use on rc or just for customize.

Will these changes come to the Favourites iOS beta app too?

4. Enhanced Room Correction: Includes a new step to evaluate and display the effectiveness of room correction, showing actual results.

@WiiM Team

Thank you for this quick implementation! The function works well, as far as I can tell.

What I would also like to see: To be able to use the measuring function on its own, detached from the step-by-step process of room correction. Why? Perhaps you want to make independent adjustments to the PEQ (e. g. in addition to RC) and then measure the results. Perhaps this solo measurement can be integrated in the EQ menu item?

Google playstore is not showing this update currently for Android ?

Sadely I cannot get the Samba shares to work from my windows 11 box. I had been waiting for this since it was announced for the Wiim Pro Plus. I did try the android version on an old tablet last week, & it seems unreliable there, sometimes not recognising the share, & other erratic behaviours & I put it down to the old tablet at fault, & decided to wait for iOS v2.10.6 app release it was said to be coming on (I was on iOS 2.10.4). Today I noticed v2.10.7 was on the app store for iOS & quickly updated, eager to try it. But not sure what I am doing wrong, or if its something with my windows shares setup., but I am getting a similar issue to Android tablet, but worse, at least the android tablet would occasionally play the file, when I did manage to get the samba share added, I would click on a file, whether that was AAC/MP3 or FLAC, it would just quickly roll through the files sticking on each file for about 2 seconds then onto next track, without playing any. So to recap, I can get it to see the directory's/files, but non will play. Any help would be welcome :)

Sadely I cannot get the Samba shares to work from my windows 11 box. I had been waiting for this since it was announced for the Wiim Pro Plus. I did try the android version on an old tablet last week, & it seems unreliable there, sometimes not recognising the share, & other erratic behaviours & I put it down to the old tablet at fault, & decided to wait for iOS v2.10.6 app release it was said to be coming on (I was on iOS 2.10.4). Today I noticed v2.10.7 was on the app store for iOS & quickly updated, eager to try it. But not sure what I am doing wrong, or if its something with my windows shares setup., but I am getting a similar issue to Android tablet, but worse, at least the android tablet would occasionally play the file, when I did manage to get the samba share added, I would click on a file, whether that was AAC/MP3 or FLAC, it would just quickly roll through the files sticking on each file for about 2 seconds then onto next track, without playing any. So to recap, I can get it to see the directory's/files, but non will play. Any help would be welcome :)
Sounds like a ticket to WiiM via the settings/feedback section in the WiiM Home app would be your best bet so they can look at your device logs for clues…

As you're on Android, does the bubbleupnp app see / play the samba share for you?

Yeah I was thinking same, just wanted to test the ground here first to see if someone had some simple solution, or something I might be doing wrong before I hassled support. Cannot think what though, as I use samba shares on this PC for other things around the house, & those shares done the same way work perfectly.

I am on Apple iOS as main device, but I get my explanation is long & I did mention an Android tablet I tested last week, so I see the confusion. :)

I am on Apple iOS as main device, but I get my explanation is long & I did mention an Android tablet I tested last week, so I see the confusion. :)
No confusion on my part :ROFLMAO:
I've not tried wiim samba functionality, but it seems people are having to type in their machine names etc. and get back/forward slashes right.
In bubble I just press 'List' to get a list of servers, choose one, then press 'List' again to get a list of folders, choose one..
Seemed simple to me, and worked fine.
But I actually use minimserver rather than samba anyway.

Last edited:
Yeah I tried multiple ways to access also., seems my PC won't be accessible from \\server-name\path, only works on Wiim when I do \\192.#.#.#\path & see's the dirs/files when I do IP number of server., but as above, just quickly skims through files when I click to play, like its trying to play them be fails & goes through full album doing that.

I suspect its something it doesn't like about my samba share setup on windows 11 box., but not sure what, & strange I have other samba shares setup on same box working ok to other devices & PCs in the house.

I have fired off a support ticket to Wiim via app

I get “connection failed” error when adding the smb: folders. I am using exact same configuration as in android, where it works like a charm.

I get that “connection failed” error when I do server in name format, not IP number
I found just using
\\ipaddress\sharename
works. Originally I was trying to use the path but since the path is specified in the Samba config file you don't need to. Host name also works in place of IP address.

Back