WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.628942 Update - Sep 9, 2024

NTFS. Even if it doesn't recognize it, the input should be displayed on the screen, but it's not there!

NTFS. Even if it doesn't recognize it, the input should be displayed on the screen, but it's not there!
There’s really not much point to it showing usb input on the touchscreen as you need to use the app anyway to then select what to play, or do you want the touchscreen to show the usb input is in use when you are using the app to play music from usb?

The HDMI input shows 48 kHz. Not LPCM with the usual resolution and bit rate.
Is that to be expected with this update?

I just plugged my Ultra in today. using Sony TV ARC. I set passthrough for everything I could and showing LPCM for stereo (Youtube) and AC3 for DD+ stuff or other content. onn pro box is the input to TV.

I think the TV Output: Auto1 (output compressed audio without change) and Auto2 (Output only compressed audio for muti-channel content) might make some difference.

Overall the dialog is slightly better than the old optical setup with the Pro.

Quite a few times, no audio. reboot and comes back. currently no audio out with DTS input:

dts_cr.jpg

Last edited:
The problem is different. I plug in the SSD, but Ultra doesn't see it. There is no connection. In the app from your phone or on the screen, it doesn't matter.

The problem is different. I plug in the SSD, but Ultra doesn't see it. There is no connection. In the app from your phone or on the screen, it doesn't matter.
It might be best if you first search this forum for terms like USB, storage and SSD. If that doesn't give you a clue, send feedback to WiiM from within the WiiM Home App with the not recognised SSD attached.

If you want to discuss this topic further with the community it might make more sense to start your own thread here:

There doesn't seem to be any relation to the latest firmware release.

It might be best if you first search this forum for terms like USB, storage and SSD. If that doesn't give you a clue, send feedback to WiiM from within the WiiM Home App with the not recognised SSD attached.

If you want to discuss this topic further with the community it might make more sense to start your own thread here:

There doesn't seem to be any relation to the latest firmware release.
You've been very helpful.

In the app there is USB in on the bottom of the list, that is what I found.
When playing from USB however it is not selected.
But it links to the home music share where a media server line "wiim ultra xxx: USB disk" is available for the USB disk when it is recognized.
After plugging it in it took some time to show it for me, not immediately.

In the app there is USB in on the bottom of the list, that is what I found.
When playing from USB however it is not selected.
But it links to the home music share where a media server line "wiim ultra xxx: USB disk" is available for the USB disk when it is recognized.
After plugging it in it took some time to show it for me, not immediately.
Yes. When a USB disk is attached the WiiM starts an internal Media Server. If it is first time the disk is seen by the server it will need to scan for files and build an index. This may take some time.
After that the media files will be listed in the "Home Music Share" on the WHA browse page.

Yes. When a USB disk is attached the WiiM starts an internal Media Server. If it is first time the disk is seen by the server it will need to scan for files and build an index. This may take some time.
After that the media files will be listed in the "Home Music Share" on the WHA browse page.
And under audio input under device settings, and from the list of inputs on the browse page for your ultra/amp.

Please review the WiiM Ultra update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.2.628942(In Progress)

Release date:

9 / 10 / 2024

What's New:
  1. USB Indexing Enhancement: Resolve a file system issue that interrupted the USB scan process and improve the overall scan speed.
  2. Multi-Channel Audio Playback: Add support for 5.1 and 7.1 multi-channel audio playback, which will be converted to stereo audio during playback.
  3. Screen Enhancements:
- Introduce management for paired Bluetooth input devices.
- Display current playback metadata in slave mode in real-time.
- Address various other screen issues for a smoother and more reliable experience.

Bug Fixes:
  1. Roon Ready Metadata: Fix an issue where playing Radio via Roon Ready did not display the correct metadata.
  2. Phono Input Enhancement: Ensured the Phono stage type is retained after reboot.
  3. DLNA Playback Enhancement: Correct an issue that caused tracks to be skipped during DLNA playback via Bubble UPnP.
  4. General Enhancements: Various bug fixes and performance improvements for a smoother experience.
After firmware update, the sound quality spec on the Tidal playback screen is weird.

Attachments

• IMG_2508.jpeg
    IMG_2508.jpeg
    725.8 KB · Views: 28
Back