WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.629945 Update - Sep 20, 2024

Switched on my Ultra last night.

App showed update was available but I declined the update as everything is working fine and didn't want to wait while it installed.

The music playback was jumping all over, stalling and buffering. It had been fine the day before.

So I installed the new firmware and everything went back to normal.

Anyone else had similar?

Chromecast SDK Update: Improved playback for multiple music streaming platforms and Google Speaker Groups (ensur
Can I ask for more information on this topic? I listen Youtube Music via Chromecast. Any improvement there? If yes, what exactly?

I went this route, and could not be happier with ripping LP's to Digital.

Behringer U-PHONO UFO202​

And if you use Vinyl Studio Pro, you can remove all the clicks/pops as well as rumble.
Yes, I use the red one (UCA222) to rip from my phono pre! They sound amazingly good for such an inexpensive converter. I thought I might be able to use the WIIM Ultra as an all in one solution so I could eliminate having to patch in the Behringer, but will continue with the UCA 222 for now.

Every update leaves me with no sound. And every time I forget the Ultra trigger somehow doesn't work until I reboot the ultra. I just went through that again.

I have to confess sometimes tech support confuses me (yes I have updated my original ticket to try and remove my confusion.

Received a update this morning to version 5.2.630346. Then I received an email this evening saying I was being removed from the whitelist and I would update to the current Ultra version 5.2.629945.

Thus my confusion don't know if I am updating or down grading 😂

Back