Wiim Ultra, my best DLNA streamer

My CD usage is a bit more complex..
Player on. CD in. Amp on. Speakers connected. Music 😉

My CD usage is a bit more complex..
Player on. CD in. Amp on. Speakers connected. Music 😉
But you don't get any track metadata other than number & time - no track titles 😊. Plus, I can switch output to any connected player, eg. Headphones, speakers. The example I show is playing to Bluetooth headphones, but I can just as easily switch playback to a Wiim Pro which drives some powered speakers.

Plus the LG player is very discreet & avoids a large black box effect 😁!

Last edited:
But you don't get any track metadata other than number & time - no track titles 😊
I know my music. Otherwise the CD was thrown in the bin before. And for the really challenging jobs I have, guess what?

edit and added: My secret weapon for CDs is called "booklet". If I need more information I ask my tablet or mobile.

I know my music. Otherwise the CD was thrown in the bin before. And for the really challenging jobs I have, guess what?

edit and added: My secret weapon for CDs is called "booklet". If I need more information I ask my tablet or mobile.
Yeah, but reading a paper insert is so "old skool" 😊📖

That's it. I am old school 😂
But now I do not want to offtopic the thread any longer. 😉

Hmm. I just plug CD player ----Wiim--DAC. If I'm holding a CD I don't need metadata. If I don't want the CD experience I just stream the ripped files or more typically Qobuz/Tidal. Not complicated (??).

Looks like a RIP to me 🤔
Yes, I ripped all my CDs in a session lasting several weeks. Every new CD goes into the PC for ripping (and not into the CD player for listening to music). I use fre:ac for this. Then the tracks go to the NAS (and are distributed from there to several PCs as a backup)

Yes, I ripped all my CDs in a session lasting several weeks. Every new CD goes into the PC for ripping (and not into the CD player for listening to music). I use fre:ac for this. Then the tracks go to the NAS (and are distributed from there to several PCs as a backup)
Why not just use Quobuz or tidal, then.? 😊

Back