WiiM ultra review and a peek under the lid

You can have english translation of this video.
The teardown is interesting .
Like in the pro +, its two boards.

The main board is an advanced four layer circuit board and seems to use 4 IC at the analog output , either opa1611A or maybe ne5532 ?.
The output seems to be with dc servo ? ( without coupling capacitors in series )

According to the reviewers, the ultra:s dac sounds better than the pro+ ( also tested in another review )

Last edited:
Nice to see they used a Burr-Brown ADC, and the PS looks solid.

Last edited:
Thanks you guys for the amazing review and I can tell you that listening to people talk about electronics and audio in Italian sounds a lot better than listening to us jabber on in English, so thanks for for keeping things interesting.

Also thanks for the tear down and showing the insides. For some reason I never would have done that. Always impressive to see the meat of a device like this.

Grazie molto
Jeff

And I agree the WiiM Ultra really sounds amazing.

... and I can tell you that listening to people talk about electronics and audio in Italian sounds a lot better than listening to us jabber on in English ...
Yow definitely have a point there. 😃

Or soldered on the reverse side of the PCB?
There’s a reverse view in the video. I can think of two reasons for unpopulated slots: one is to allow for premium versions of the board. The other is that some anticipated feature didn’t materialize.

Dac chip is just part of the equation. What’s on the analog stage? Does it use opa 1612?

No no, forget the missing chips, I zoomed in to better see what I believe are the analog stage opamps

Back