WiiM ultra review and a peek under the lid

WiiM - can you verify what OP amps are used on the analog output of the WiiM ultra ?

You could be right. I was looking at them upside down 🤣
There are four OP amps at the analog stage . My guess its maybe 5532 at IV conversion and opa 1611A as buffer . Or maybe 4 opa 1611A ?

The 1611/1612 is the best you can get regardless of price :)(y).

People that has the dac smsl su1 all say the WiiM ultras internal dac sounds a bit better .

Wiim ultra also has extremely low jitter after the latest firmware upgrade .

Last edited:
Looks like 4x1611
If thats true , the fidelity from ultra should be compared to Eversolo dmp a6 Master that also uses 1612 and have the same dac.

The cheaper Eversolo dmp a6 uses opa1642 which is good but not as good as 1611 or 1612.

WiiM support , can you verify if the WiiM ultra uses a DC servo at the rca line output or coupling capacitors ? I only see one bigger capacitor 470 uf near the rca output on the board ( probably power decoupling for the OP amps )?

I was hoping for a DC power mod but everything looks soldered to the circuit board.
It might not be needed , I would say wait for Vintageflankers review . We already have onlyoneme:s measurements indicating a SINAD better than 110 dB - much better than any average linear power supply can ever provide.
You need a linear psu like SBooster to better this. The four opa1611 in the ultra has a CMRR of 120 dB , superior to the pro plus ne5532.

Why not everybody likes the sound from the ultras dac depends, in my opinion, on other things - like the very low output impedance RCA out at only 11 ohms , technical superior to most 500 ohms streamers but it will sound slightly different because of this.

Reactions: pbr
Back