Wiim Ultra screen flashing

GiBo61

During playback (from any source) my screen flashes every second between two different display options (see attached video). A couple of firmware updates ago this problem did not occur.
Also, even if I turn off the display from the Display Settings in the Android app, it turns back on. Not to mention that the display does not turn off in standby mode.
Anyone have the same problems?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Video 2024-09-24 at 23.18.58.mp4
    2.5 MB
If the flashing doesn't stop after disconnecting the Ultra from the power for a couple of minutes and cleaning the display, this looks like a defective unit to me.

During playback (from any source) my screen flashes every second between two different display options (see attached video). A couple of firmware updates ago this problem did not occur.
Also, even if I turn off the display from the Display Settings in the Android app, it turns back on. Not to mention that the display does not turn off in standby mode.
Hi GiBo61,

Could you please send us a feedback ticket through the WiiM Home App? We'll address the issue right away. By the way, is this a DVT sample for Beta testing? The new firmware update is not compatible with the DVT samples. Thank you for your assistance!

Hi GiBo61,

Could you please send us a feedback ticket through the WiiM Home App? We'll address the issue right away. By the way, is this a DVT sample for Beta testing? The new firmware update is not compatible with the DVT samples. Thank you for your assistance!
Yes, I sent a feedback ticket through the WiiM Home App? What is a "DVT sample"? In the short video attached to my msg I was playing music from Tidal. Same problem with Amazon Music Unlimited, Deezer or internet radios.

Looks like something is touching the display. Have you tried to clean it?

Hi GiBo61,

No, this is not a DVT samples but a final unit purchased from a local italian retailer on August 16 2024. I received an email from support@wiimhome.com saying "From your description, your WiiM Ultra may be defective" and indicating to "get in touch with the retailer/dealer directly for a replacement device." Let's see how it goes...
Thank you four your assistance.

Back