Beta Test: Plex

PLEX is working great on the WiiM home app on my iPhone 15 plus streaming to my WiiM ultra.

It would be good if you had full usability of Flex, I have Plex Pass so have all the features including 10 radio stations (Artist Mix Builder / Album Mix Builder / Library Radio / Deep Cuts Radio / Time Travel Radio / Random Album Radio / Discovery Radio / Style Radio / Mood Radio / Decade Radio) whereas for Plex in the WiiM app I only have 5 (Library Radio / Deep Cuts Radio / Time Travel Radio / Random Album Radio / Discovery Radio)

Mood Radio is a must have in my opinion.
Is WiiM team willing to share a list of features (all/everything available in plexamp off course) that will get supported and as such clarity on what we will not get?

There are some albums that i can play perfectly through the plexamp app, but through the plex integration it keeps stuttering. It's weird.

So far my Plex server not seen with iOS app or the new Android app. Strange because seen with all other clients, use all the time. logged out and back in, no go. sent feedback and will be working on it.

Plex visible on my 2 WiiM minis but not on my WiiM Pro Plus. All latest versions as is App. Any thoughts as to why, please?

Just downloaded the Android update and not seeing my Plex server. I can see it on my network and everything streams fine.

Am wondering if the issue is that I'm still running an old firmware on my WiimAmp so I can connect to my Ikea/Sonos speakers.

Just downloaded the Android update and not seeing my Plex server. I can see it on my network and everything streams fine.

Am wondering if the issue is that I'm still running an old firmware on my WiimAmp so I can connect to my Ikea/Sonos speakers.
Possibly - you need this firmware, and I’d guess you’d lose the ikea/sonos feature…

Thread 'WiiM Amp Firmware v5.0.629943 Update - Sep 20, 2024'
https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/wiim-amp-firmware-v5-0-629943-update-sep-20-2024.4859/

I'm thinking of replacing my WiiM Pro with a WiiM Ultra. I really like the Pro, but not having to open the app on my phone to see which song is playing, and touch controls/screen would be massive features for me.

Now here's the question part for me: I use Plexamp a lot, and I would like to know if this Plex integration is going to make it possible to display the cover art on the WiiM Ultra when playing something in Plexamp (via Chromecast).

If not, are there other ways to do so? (without compromising ease of use)

Just got the beta for Android. It's a decent enough implementation (although I share the same misgivings that many others have voiced around the lack of plexamp endpoint casting).

My main issues, having played around with it:
  • "Recently Added" seems to be capped to just 6 entries/albums. It would be better if this part was more extensive - you can see a lot more of your recently added music on both Plex and Plexamp.
  • As others have fed back - It doesn't report plays to the Plex dashboard. I have scripts running to scrobble plays via last.fm and listenbrainz, but these are rendered useless if I playback via the WiiM Home app, which is a shame.
Otherwise, I think it works decent enough.

Somebody with one server split into multiple libraries? Is this beta enabling you to select library and play music from multiple ones (the selected one obviously)?

Somebody with one server split into multiple libraries? Is this beta enabling you to select library and play music from multiple ones (the selected one obviously)?
I'm running two libraries from a NAS and can select and play from each one accordingly.

Reactions: vdp
Back