Beta Test: Plex

Managed to just install the Beta and have a quick test.

Just as a heads-up in case anyone else has their library configured the same as mine.

If you use the RELEASETYPE tag to show Live, Compilation and singles/eps etc. These do not show in this integration. Hopefully something they will add. But just in case you think you have music missing!!

Images below show difference on Plexamp as opposed to the WiiM integration.

Additional: Also noted that it does not pull through any custom artwork you might have for playlists.

1726744678516.png1726744775258.png

Last edited:
Managed to just install the Beta and have a quick test.

Just as a heads-up in case anyone else has their library configured the same as mine.

If you use the RELEASETYPE tag to show Live, Compilation and singles/eps etc. These do not show in this integration. Hopefully something they will add. But just in case you think you have music missing!!

Images below show difference on Plexamp as opposed to the WiiM integration.

Additional: Also noted that it does not pull through any custom artwork you might have for playlists.

View attachment 11873View attachment 11874
Hi,

Thanks very much for your feedback; we will check how to show the entire content on the artist page that is the same as the Plexamp app.

Hi,

Thanks very much for your feedback; we will check how to show the entire content on the artist page that is the same as the Plexamp app.
Are there any plans to make the WiiM devices (specifically those with a enough processing power) show up as endpoints for the native Plexamp app?

Can you use the DJ's and add playing track to a playlist?
No, the DJ’s are not available, and only a couple of stations. Search also doesn’t include the Plex library
It’s possible to add a playing track to a playlist or a collection on Plex.

Things that I have seen:
1. You can't add to a play queue. At the moment I also use Qobuz, if I am queuing music from Qobuz, I can add additional albums to the play queue via "Play Last" option.
2. As mentioned above, I can't search Plex.
3. It appears albums categorized on the server as a Compilation are not available from the Artist level. They do show up as albums, or via the folder/files level.

Even with these issues, it's still an improvement for me vs using DLNA.

Back