Beta Test: Plex

@cdm312 Thanks for that. Now I know why I didn't see any changes.

Guess the beta-Plex service isn't available on Android yet. Casting over chromecast is working now but I cannot control playback from the Wiim app nor does it show my album art. But that might be a Plex issues instead of a Wiim issue.

This would also be a big letdown... it shouldn't really matter where your Plex server is installed, that's the whole point of it :)
Yes, true. Plex could be treated as any other streaming service regardless its network proximity. I actually even tried to use my Plex server over a VPN but didn't work either

Can somebody show the "player" screen + "actions" available?

1. Can you see song rating per song?
2. Can you see song rating for all songs in the album you are playing?
3. Can you set/change ratings to Plex?
4. Can you add songs to Plex playlists?
5. Can you set album rating to Plex?

I'm afraid all "no"..

Can somebody show the "player" screen + "actions" available?

1. Can you see song rating per song?
2. Can you see song rating for all songs in the album you are playing?
3. Can you set/change ratings to Plex?
4. Can you add songs to Plex playlists?
5. Can you set album rating to Plex?

I'm afraid all "no"..
It's probably a one-way communication (Server -> WiiM Home app) so I guess that's going to be a "no" mostly.

Last edited:
Are you on Android or IOS? If you are on Android, what version is your Wiim Home App?

I'm on Android and haven't seen an update for the WHA in the Play Store. Still waiting on the Plex Beta update for the Ultra, as well.
Thanks.
Based on their screenshots, they're on iOS. I do not think there's been any movement on the Android beta, yet...

They must be reading this...

Using ropieee and splashing on an expensive USB dac seems a far logical choice now..
Yeah I was hoping to buy an Ultra and finally be able to get rid of my Raspberry Pi and optical audio switching box altogether.

With the current state of Plex integration, to get the best experience I'd still have to rely on my Raspberry Pi connected to the optical input, shared with my cd player.

Back