Beta Test: Room Correction for Individual Channels

It works!

I didn't compare the results with REW measurements or anything else but at least I do get individual calibrations for left and right channel.

Anything more in respect to comparison to the previous none individual version? Is there an audible difference and if, how can it be described?
How foes it work? First one channel, than the other? Or both at the same time?
Thanks!

Or both at the same time?
How would you want to capture two sweeps at the same time? In the same room? Using a single microphone? ;)

One chirp plus one sweep per channel. You have to tap a button to start the second channel sweep. I didn't have the time to make any listening comparison, yet, but the filters are very much different for the left and the right speaker in my setup. The left speaker is much closer to the corner than the right one.

RC_settings_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg

RC_left_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg

RC_right_com.linkplay.wiimhome.jpg

I've tried both stereo and single channel room correction modes and get a similar result at the end with the evaluation, although this was with my Samsung s22 built in mic. Tomorrow I'll get out a proper mic and see what results I get and post them.

How would you want to capture two sweeps at the same time? In the same room? Using a single microphone? ;)

I don’t know, that is why I am asking. Because at the end, both channels play together! Mods come together and multiply each other, all kind of complex… 😉
So I just wondered how RC is handling this comlexity. And if results are really different.
However, thanks for your feedback anyway… 👍🏻

I've tried both stereo and single channel room correction modes and get a similar result at the end with the evaluation ...
That's more or less to be expected since the evaluation is always performed in stereo mode, so the single mic always picks up the combined response of both speakers and the target curve hasn't changed.

I've tried both stereo and single channel room correction modes and get a similar result at the end with the evaluation, although this was with my Samsung s22 built in mic. Tomorrow I'll get out a proper mic and see what results I get and post them.

Interesting. Thanks! 👍🏻

That's more or less to be expected since the evaluation is always performed in stereo mode, so the single mic always picks up the combined response of both speakers and the target curve hasn't changed.

Well then, why make the effort if the result is the same?

I don’t know, that is why I am asking. Because at the end, both channels play together! Mods come together and multiply each other, all kind of complex… 😉
So I just wondered how RC is handling this comlexity. And if results are really different.
The way we listen to music is not by means of a single mic mounted to our forehead, though.

The room modes are a characteristic of the room, in the first place. But it's true that they might not get excited in the same way depending on how many speakers are playing at the same time. In the end, if the superposition principle wasn't applicable, we'd have exactly the same differences with music featuring different bass content left and right.

Well then, why make the effort if the result is the same?
The result isn't the same. It's just the same to one single mic in exactly one position, not to your ears and your brain.

And we don't usually play monophonic content all the time. :)

You said there were two sweeps though.

Like I suspected Room Correction using individual channels produce too much bass. I only tried with a subwoofer. First two results are from individual channels and third is stereo.
Screenshot_20240910-221917.png

Screenshot_20240910-221930.png

Screenshot_20240910-222004.png

The stereo official rc cut too much bass so I had to limit to 3 because if I choose 10 it will use all of it. Interesting individual is the opposite of stereo producing more bass.
I think it is due to the bass being closely correlated between channels so it is unnaturally boosted when both channels are played together.

Back