Hi-res beta

Yes using the new beta of tidal. It’s suppose to support the new 24/196 flac files tidal is moving too. I have it set to max output that suppose to be 24/196. Using the wiim pro the highest I’m able to get is 24/96.

Guess wondering if anyone else using the tidal beta is getting the 24/196? Trying to determine if it’s something wiim needs to change or if it’s something on my end.

Same here. Seems to be cropped at 96. Opened a ticket on this at Wiim Support, but dont really expect a response.

Edit: Feedback from Wiim support

We don't support Tidal hi-res flac at this moment, we got below information from Tidal.

At the time of launch, HiRes FLAC will be accessible on four clients, namely iOS, Android, Web, and Desktop. Please note that this initial release will not support Chromecast, TIDAL Connect or our API-integration which will continue to work in its current state. However, rest assured that we have plans to extend support for these formats in the second half of the year.

Last edited:
Same here. Seems to be cropped at 96. Opened a ticket on this at Wiim Support, but dont really expect a response.

We don't support Tidal hi-res flac at this moment, we got below information from Tidal.

At the time of launch, HiRes FLAC will be accessible on four clients, namely iOS, Android, Web, and Desktop. Please note that this initial release will not support Chromecast, TIDAL Connect or our API-integration which will continue to work in its current state. However, rest assured that we have plans to extend support for these formats in the second half of the year.
On august, tidal connect won’t support high resolution loseless?

Tbh, I expect a similar statement from Spotify when they eventually release their hi res offering

What about flac files 16/44 hi fi quality ( high at new version) instead of mqa cd files. Will you support it day one with tidal connect ?

Do we have any info on how many masters have hi res flac versions? Does wiim app and firmware support hi res flacs using tidal connect ?

Back