Left audio channel not working

Sohail

I have WIIM pro connected to schiit modi 3e DAC via optical and coaxial. The other equipment are vintage preamplifier and amplifier. Every now and then one of the audio channels go silent. Amazingly when I swap the left and right RCA cable at the back of the schitt modi DAC both channal start working. Now it has become a ritual to swap rca before listening to the music. Also tried audio balance from WIIM home but couldn't resolve the problem. Further, the stereo image also feels slightly shifted on one side. please help

I have WIIM pro connected to schiit modi 3e DAC via optical and coaxial. The other equipment are vintage preamplifier and amplifier. Every now and then one of the audio channels go silent. Amazingly when I swap the left and right RCA cable at the back of the schitt modi DAC both channal start working. Now it has become a ritual to swap rca before listening to the music. Also tried audio balance from WIIM home but couldn't resolve the problem. Further, the stereo image also feels slightly shifted on one side. please help
Does changing the resolution of the digital output not improve?

However, since the RCA cable of the DAC is swapped left and right to improve it, I feel that the DAC or amplifier is the cause. Can you connect your smartphone to the DAC with USB for normal playback?

Back