Room Correction Beta firmware for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus and Amp - User Testing Experience

Hello everyome,
I am new here so I apologize if my question is a bit silly. I have a wiim pro plus and would like to ask if there is an approximate release date for the room correction and for the extended PEQ.
Thanks a lot in advance :)

Hello everyome,
I am new here so I apologize if my question is a bit silly. I have a wiim pro plus and would like to ask if there is an approximate release date for the room correction and for the extended PEQ.
Thanks a lot in advance :)
They're still in beta but I'd hope they'd be released in the coming weeks - just a guess, though

Do you think it will be designed in such a way that one may take measurements (with the umik-1 for example) using REW and use this as a guideline to improve the sound of your setup?

Saved custom PEQs can disappear at any time, so it's a good idea to take a screenshot of them.
I keep screenshots of my settings in the iOS notes app as backups. Generally I would prefer not having to re-add them if I don’t have to. Don’t get me wrong I look forward to having additional filters to fine tune as long as it proves a forward step. I have been successful with the current four already, and since I don’t think we will have a choice I'd like at least maintain parity of sound quality. I’ll end with a cautionary note much like the “with great power….” line, without any auto preamp leveling this can easily be a destructive set of tools for the user, rather than a path to audio bliss.

Do you think it will be designed in such a way that one may take measurements (with the umik-1 for example) using REW and use this as a guideline to improve the sound of your setup?
LIke many here, as an android beta user, I have no Wiim RC. However, it was not too difficult to use REW for 10 bands peq with a measurement mic. Honestly, I am not sure if can tell the difference (my max adjustment doesn't go over 3db). It does feel good that I can do RC with REW, though.

I just hope that the arrival of the peq 10bands (l/r because announced here) is not conditional on the development , and outcome, of the "rc" mode...
for iphone and... android

Last edited:
Has anyone got subwoofer delay feature in the latest beta available? I’ve seen that on beta website, in the changelog of the latest realease, is mentioned “Subwoofer output latency” but in my app (I’ve got the latest one from the App Store and I have the beta fw) I can’t see anything related to this feature

Has anyone got subwoofer delay feature in the latest beta available? I’ve seen that on beta website, in the changelog of the latest realease, is mentioned “Subwoofer output latency” but in my app (I’ve got the latest one from the App Store and I have the beta fw) I can’t see anything related to this feature
Ah, that’s where I saw it…

I wouldn’t take that as definitive as the beta website/forum is very much “under construction”. The best I would take from that is that it’s in development

🤷‍♂️ I had originally applied for the RC beta but never received confirmation or any beta release before. I have not applied for the new feedback community (yet).

And as I said, this firmware is not marked as beta on my Amp.
I just received the same. Like you said it isn't marked as Beta but it comes a couple of days after I chased up my registration for the beta program so I suspect it is beta.

the easy question...
have people not registered for the "beta" received?

I got the beta on my Pro Plus today. Similar experience to everyone else, it results in a very dull & muffled sound. In my case the speakers (Piega Classic 3 with AMT tweeter) measure with a big bump in the treble which RC tries to cut, effectively cutting all details from the music.

If I have time tomorrow I'll compare with Homecurve using a couple of different iOS devices to see if the mics are bad etc... and send a report to WiiM.

It would be interesting to figure out if those speakers are just crazy on the high end and I got used to it :) a comparison session with good headphones is on the agenda... It could also be that my old iPad has a toasted mic

Back