Room Correction Beta firmware for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus and Amp - User Testing Experience

IMM6 is analog, as far as I can remember, which means it's 100% dependent on whatever ADC you connect it to... and which may be subject to things like "smart" noise cancellation if it's a phone or a computer, etc.

Maybe an UMM6 would have been better :/
At that price I don't mind and so far Housecurve only advertises support for the imm6 with apple's jack adapter, so it will do for now.

At that price I don't mind and so far Housecurve only advertises support for the imm6 with apple's jack adapter, so it will do for now.
Apple adapter compatibility and cal file makes sure the result is the expected with respect to accuracy . So the subsequent corrections will be accurate

Oh, if there's support, then it's all good :)

Please post measurements and comparisons to what WiiM does!

No signs of that - the usb in on the Amp is currently media in, not audio
From an OS standpoint it doesn't matter much, it's a USB host, it could do any device type (including multiple different ones via a hub) provided WiiM packs the relevant drivers

I used a headphone adapter for iphone and the mic that came with my Sony amp for calibration. The output was not that different from just using the mic on the iphone

I used a headphone adapter for iphone and the mic that came with my Sony amp for calibration. The output was not that different from just using the mic on the iphone
Was this with the WiiM home app? How did you know it was using that and not just the internal mic? The fact that the result wasn’t that different might suggest it didn’t use the external mic.

Was this with the WiiM home app? How did you know it was using that and not just the internal mic? The fact that the result wasn’t that different might suggest it didn’t use the external mic.
I checked it using the voice memo app before i tested it. when a mic is plugged in, it defaults to the plug in

I don’t think that says clearly enough whether it’s two sets of ten each or two sets of five each.
They say
"Soon, you'll be able to configure the Parametric Equalizer (PEQ) for two channels, either separately or identically. This functionality will become available following the initial public release of the 10-band PEQ."
I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I don’t think that says clearly enough whether it’s two sets of ten each or two sets of five each.
I'm tempted to think that it doesn't really require more computing power... we'll see...

Back