Sub is unusable at this point - EDIT, its not.

Save it to a name other than "Auto". Use a name that does not contain that string at all.
I did. It goes back to PK. Definitely a bug.

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2024-08-08 kl. 10.04.59.png
    Skärmavbild 2024-08-08 kl. 10.04.59.png
    978.7 KB · Views: 4
Ran it with sub disabled in the wiim app. Now im at 60 hz crossover. My speakers: 33 - 40.000 Hz +/- 3dB (in-room) (Buchardt s400 mk 2). If i go over 60hz i can clearly hear the mids on my speakers disappear so i guess i just have to very low on the crossover.
Just above 60 Hz there really are no mids. This is deep down in bass country. As mentioned by the others, if you feel like you are losing sound energy or fullness when raising the crossover frequency, then there is too little level to the subwoofer - at least at certain frequencies!

I value your approach of not wanting to notice the sub at all. That's what good subwoofer integration is all about. The current behaviour of the RC feature with sub out is just not very helpful right now.

I do not second WiiM's recommendation to run RC with the subwoofer disabled and then simply enable it when you're done. I don't think this is going to work. Remember, we are trying to correct effects of room in the first place and your speakers (sitting in totally different spots and having a very different low frequency response than the subwoofer) will excite the room in a different way. As a result, any correction obtained with the subwoofer disabled will not necessarily be what's needed with the sub enabled. On the other hand, WiiM's RC is currently doing one single measurement in one single spot only and it aims at exactly one target curve. This means that it cannot even distinguish between correcting room effects and speaker anomalies. It' always doing a combination of both.

I've been complaining about how anechoic -3 dB measurements don't do justice to a speaker's in-room response. You've been clever enough to look at what the manufacturer states is the in-room response instead. Unfortunately, these specs aren't that much better, because this is really just an estimation and the results very much depend on room size and actual speaker placement. It gives you a hint on base extension but it's not a reliable value to base any calculations on.

So i tried an audio check with all the frequenzies. Everything working as intended. Its me that just have to find the right crossover.

Emailed buchardt and got fast reply from Mads himself. He recommends 65 as crossover to take away the most stress.
So you did explicitly tell him that your bass management will high pass filter the main speakers?

I still see no reason why raising the crossover frequency should result in the effects you describe, other than that the sub integration is not right yet.

Right now you must set the phase switch (0° or 180°) manually. You must set the delay (which is nothing but a variable phase control) manually. WiiM RC does nothing for you as of yet. If you don't have the measurement equipment to do it but are doing it by ear, the best way is to go with the setting that results in more bass. It doesn't matter, if you want more or less bass in the end. This is just for the purpose of adjusting these parameters. You'll take care of the level later on.

I did. It goes back to PK. Definitely a bug.
Can't see that from this screenshot, of course.

Just above 60 Hz there really are no mids. This is deep down in bass country. As mentioned by the others, if you feel like you are losing sound energy or fullness when raising the crossover frequency, then there is too little level to the subwoofer - at least at certain frequencies!

I value your approach of not wanting to notice the sub at all. That's what good subwoofer integration is all about. The current behaviour of the RC feature with sub out is just not very helpful right now.

I do not second WiiM's recommendation to run RC with the subwoofer disabled and then simply enable it when you're done. I don't think this is going to work. Remember, we are trying to correct effects of room in the first place and your speakers (sitting in totally different spots and having a very different low frequency response than the subwoofer) will excite the room in a different way. As a result, any correction obtained with the subwoofer disabled will not necessarily be what's needed with the sub enabled. On the other hand, WiiM's RC is currently doing one single measurement in one single spot only and it aims at exactly one target curve. This means that it cannot even distinguish between correcting room effects and speaker anomalies. It' always doing a combination of both.

I've been complaining about how anechoic -3 dB measurements don't do justice to a speaker's in-room response. You've been clever enough to look at what the manufacturer states is the in-room response instead. Unfortunately, these specs aren't that much better, because this is really just an estimation and the results very much depend on room size and actual speaker placement. It gives you a hint on base extension but it's not a reliable value to base any calculations on.

So you did explicitly tell him that your bass management will high pass filter the main speakers?

I still see no reason why raising the crossover frequency should result in the effects you describe, other than that the sub integration is not right yet.

Right now you must set the phase switch (0° or 180°) manually. You must set the delay (which is nothing but a variable phase control) manually. WiiM RC does nothing for you as of yet. If you don't have the measurement equipment to do it but are doing it by ear, the best way is to go with the setting that results in more bass. It doesn't matter, if you want more or less bass in the end. This is just for the purpose of adjusting these parameters. You'll take care of the level later on.

Can't see that from this screenshot, of course.
Thanks for you contribution. Im new to sub, crossover, RC etc. Its alot to learn and take into account.

Learned alot from this thread, you guys are very helpful.

Back