Subwoofer crossover settings

sNc

Hi,

would it be possible from tech point of view to set high pass filter and low pass filter separately? I know it's not possible now, but what about the future?

I have a subwoofer placed on the side of the sofa I'm sitting on. I cannot place in line with columns. Another place where it could be is behind the sofa. I don't mind getting some doubled frequency coming from my main speakers.

Hi,

would it be possible from tech point of view to set high pass filter and low pass filter separately? I know it's not possible now, but what about the future?

I have a subwoofer placed on the side of the sofa I'm sitting on. I cannot place in line with columns. Another place where it could be is behind the sofa. I don't mind getting some doubled frequency coming from my main speakers.
If want to go with such "bad setting", and you have a volume controlled full range output from amplifier, you can use the subwoofer own filter and "overlap" as you want.
Instead I hope they don't indulge toward incorrect behaviors that easily lead to unwanted resonant nodes.
I would suggest any simple app to measure response around crossover frequency, at that range the mobile microphone it's enough reliable and a dedicated microphone it's not necessary. As soon you check what it's happening at that frequency, you can solve many listening problems.

Dear Ultra-users,

could you please list the separately adjustable bass management parameters for the RCA subwoofer out?
(Volume, crossover frequencies (2x?), crossover steepness (separately 2x?), phase (0,180°,or more also in between?), delay (main speakers, subwoofer), on/off of low/high cut, PEQs, custom settings saveable).
Thanks.

Last edited:
Dear Ultra-users,

could you please list the separately adjustable bass management parameters for the RCA subwoofer out?
(Volume, crossover frequencies (2x?), crossover steepness (separately 2x?), phase (0,180°,or more also in between?), delay (main speakers, subwoofer), on/off of low/high cut, PEQs, custom settings saveable).
Thanks.
It's all the same as with the WiiM Amp.

Volume: -15 dB to +15 dB
Crossover frequency: 30 Hz to 250 Hz (high pass and low pass always synced)
Filter steepnes: fixed LR4, 24 db/octave (high pass and low pass filter)
Phase: 0° or 180°
Delay subwoofer: 0 ms to 200 ms
or
Delay mains: 0 ms to 200 ms
On/off: Always applies to high pass and low pass filter at the same time.

Delay is the same as variable phase, no difference just easier to handle. No separate PEQ settings for the sub only. The general 10 band PEQ settings per channel can be used for whatever frequency range you like. You can us 8 or 10 of them just in the frequency range covered by the sub if you like. Or use just 1 in the sub range and 9 in the mains' range, fully flexible. These PEQ settings can be saved, of course.

High and low pass settings would be amazing. However, they would have to come with the ability to adjust the slope because every sub and speaker combination is different. As it stands right now, I think I'd like the ability to adjust slope first if possible.

My subwoofer, as I mentioned earlier, is located on the side of the sofa I'm sitting on. As a result, I cannot make a high cut-off, because then the direction from which sound comes will be more audible.

I like bass! The flat curve is not for me. Even if part of the lower range would be duplicated, it would come from different directions in the room. Then a slightly higher cut-off would not bother me so much, because I would not hear exactly where the bass comes from. Additionally, in RC it's better to cut the band than to boost it. All the more, I would prefer a natural boost of the band by getting it from 3 sources (2 main speakers + sub), than increasing 80-100hz through RC only for Main Speakers. So as you can see, separate LPF and HPF settings make sense to me.

Back