Test WIIM pro+ with different power supplies

Is it somehow important? Being a vinyl collector makes a crucial difference here?

An answer is quite simple - if there is a proven audible difference yet no difference in measurements then something important was not measured.
It only proves to me that not coming from a vinyl background your ear is not finely tuned.
Same with my kids.....they cant tell the difference between MP3 & Wav either.

Regarding the Gustard question.....so, you are admitting some measurement that could be responsible for the DACs sounding different has not been discovered? Or let me ask you this. I would like a DAC that gives me a huge soundstage with pin point precision of instruments. I like the vocals to be more forward in presentation. Can you please tell me what measurements I need to look for that would give me the sound I want?

Last edited:
It only proves to me that not coming from a vinyl background your ear is not finely tuned.
Are you trying to say that every "finely tuned" ear must have a vinyl background?

Same with my kids.....they cant tell the difference between MP3 & Wav either.
Well, they probably hear low and high frequencies better. Maybe thus they can make statements based on what they hear, not what they believe to hear.

This is what I am saying. Some people have the ability to hear differences in audio even though there is no measurable difference.
I resent the fact that because I fall into this category, people with un-trained ears can come along and challenge my mental sanity.

What are you doing on this forum anyway?

I dont see you posting anything on the Head-fi forum. Why not? You would have a field day over there! Let me tell you what they are working on. Weighing down the clock chips in DACs with Tungsten cubes. Pop-off over there and tell them they are all mental....see how they respond :ROFLMAO:

so, you are admitting some measurement that could be responsible for the DACs sounding different has not been discovered?
Not at all.

I would like a DAC that gives me a huge soundstage with pin point precision of instruments. I like the vocals to be more forward in presentations.
Can you tell me how your expectations related to your favorable impressions are connected to properties of the sound wave?

What are you doing on this forum anyway?
I post here, I answer questions, I ask mine, I comment. All these common things.

I dont see you posting anything on the Head-fi forum. Why not?
And not on many other forums either. Why would I?

Some people have the ability to hear differences in audio even though there is no measurable difference.
There are also people with the ability to talk to persons even though there is no their measurable presence. Why not, I'm fine with that.

Thats fine then. When I post on here and you come up with a comment I consider derogatory, you wont mind me pointing it out then......

Are you trying to say that every "finely tuned" ear must have a vinyl background?

Well, they probably hear low and high frequencies better. Maybe thus they can make statements based on what they hear, not what they believe to hear.
Regarding my kids, its not the fact they may or may not have better hearing than me. Its they fact they have an un-trained ear and dont know what to listen for. Once I point out the differences, it becomes obvious to them.

.......whether they care or not is a different question :oops:

Regarding my kids, its not the fact they may or may not have better hearing than me. Its they fact they have an un-trained ear and dont know what to listen for. Once I point out the differences, it becomes obvious to them.

.......whether they care or not is a different question :oops:
You've ignored my question but it's fine too.
Let me congratulate you on your obedient children anyway.

You don't need to train to be able to hear "only the difference in sound". All you need for that is excellent hearing.

However, it takes experience to find one Stradivarius among 10 different violins.

 My personal thoughts. 😊

However, it takes experience to find one Stradivarius among 10 different violins.
Sure, it's much more complex than just looking for an audible difference. But having a knowledge where to look for differences can help a lot.

You've ignored my question but it's fine too.
Let me congratulate you on your obedient children anyway.
Obedient children? Thats a loaded remark. Are you saying my children are only acknowledging the differences because they want to obey me?
My kids are in their 30's and are able to stand up for themselves.
This snide remark continues to undermine me, and make out I do not possess the mental faculties to hear differences in audio files. The fact that you feel the need to have to make a comment putting me down makes me think that your belief is that you are superior to me, because you know the truth, and you are right and I am wrong.

I would like a DAC that gives me a huge soundstage with pin point precision of instruments. I like the vocals to be more forward in presentations.
Can you tell me how your expectations related to your favorable impressions are connected to properties of the sound wave?

What? Connected to the properties of a sound wave? How do you listen to music? Is your music source wired directly into your brain bypassing the air?
Can you tell me how a measurement is connected to the property of a sound wave?

Last edited:
Obedient children? Thats a loaded remark.
Well, if they are not obedient then I rollback my statement. No congratulations, I'm fine with that also.

This snide remark continues to undermine me, and make out I do not possess the mental faculties to hear differences in audio files.
I think that I've no idea what these "mental faculties" are.

The fact that you feel the need to have to make a comment putting me down
I really don't think so.

you are superior to me, because you know the truth, and you are right and I am wrong.
I don't think so here either.

What? Connected to the properties of a sound wave? How do you listen to music? Is your music source wired directly into your brain bypassing the air?
Can you tell me how a measurement is connected to the property of a sound wave?
As far as I know the thing we hear are waves in the air, which implement electric waves coming to the speakers. And source of these electric waves is the DAC.

I guess you think your answers are real clever.

Can I ask what you listen to music on.....if you even have a system? Or do you just watch waves on a screen :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I guess you think your answers are real clever.
I just think they are as close as possible for me to reflect my intentions, considering the fact that I do not use my native language.

Can I ask what you listen to music on.....if you even have a system? Or do you just watch waves on a screen :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I could omit it and probably I should do that, but I will just say - yes, I have an equipment which lets me listen to the music.

Back