WiiM Amp Pro

I would like to run through Wiim device audio coming from Youtube Music, Games and Windows apps (Microsoft Teams, MS Office sounds etc).

And I would like a different thing - I would like WiiM to stream music from my PC over the network, but also mix sounds coming from another input.

That way I could get bit-perfect music bypassing the Windows audio stack, which has a lot of issues, but also get dings from my email client and not go through hoops when I quickly open something from YouTube or TikTok or Instagram or Twitter or whatever.

And I would like a different thing - I would like WiiM to stream music from my PC over the network, but also mix sounds coming from another input.

That way I could get bit-perfect music bypassing the Windows audio stack, which has a lot of issues, but also get dings from my email client and not go through hoops when I quickly open something from YouTube or TikTok or Instagram or Twitter or whatever.
Would something like Jriver Media Center and its WDM driver do that for you, along with an external convertor like I mention in comment #82?

I have toslink, no need for USB :)

No idea how their WDM thing works, but if it's just a fake audio output, which it seems like it is, then it's prone to all the things Windows does, with all the APOs inbetween and CAudioLimiter and other things.

When I *really* listen to music and want things to work as they should, I use exclusive mode in... you'll be surprised... Winamp. But then I don't get a ding from my email client, because exclusive mode is, well, exclusive. I found web browsers can actually throw a fit if there's embedded video on a news webpage or something because sound output is not available.

If WiiM could do bit-perfect streaming *and* mix-in audio from another input, that would be great. But I'm not sure if the hardware allows it.

Any more updates on the Wiim amp pro? I’m eager to test. Do we know the exact release date ?
No, nothing beyond the announcement and the brief summary of differences from the Amp. I'd guess a lot of their focus is on the Ultra, and when that hits the market, maybe then they'll turn their attention to the Amp pro

Back