WiiM Home App v2.11.0 Update - Aug 10, 2024

Weird. I cannot see dac filters or the latency for digital outputs, the whole section below outputs is empty. But for the Pro Plus it works fine.

Weird. I cannot see dac filters or the latency for digital outputs, the whole section below outputs is empty. But for the Pro Plus it works fine.
I can see all those but I’m on an older beta version for the Ultra 5.2.624737 for the persistent group beta. Looks like a firmware/app mismatch.

I can see all those but I’m on an older beta version for the Ultra 5.2.624737 for the persistent group beta. Looks like a firmware/app mismatch.
Could be.
I'm on the 20240805 firmware, but have lost track of what's been released for what the last week or so!

Yeah, the 2.11 version is the same as the iOS version for me, it still sees the info mentioned above, but when I go back to the Android 2.10.8 beta version which has persistent groups and favourites, it lacks the info that @onlyoneme detailed.

What I’d call a bit of a guddle…

It really looks like a beta version. Each time you close the application, the bookmarks disappear and then reappear at random.

I can see TuneIn favourites for my devices - have you signed in to your TuneIn account?

IMG_8912.jpeg

Edit: I’m having problems logging in to TuneIn on my iOS WiiM Home app, but it’s fine on android. Ticket submitted.

Edit 2: main favourites page in the WiiM app doesn’t reflect my TuneIn.com favourites if I change them on the TuneIn website, but “see all” in the WiiM app does show the edited set, but that’s not reflected back to the main favourites page. Another ticket submitted.

Last edited:
I had that beta version as well. Have you heard anything from the support team about the new beta firmware (and app)?

I have reverted Ultra back to public firmware. The other WiiM devices are still in beta, but I am considering putting them all back to public.

So far there has been no notification from the team, so it looks like the beta test is already over. 🤔

I had that beta version as well. Have you heard anything from the support team about the new beta firmware (and app)?

I have reverted Ultra back to public firmware. The other WiiM devices are still in beta, but I am considering putting them all back to public.

So far there has been no notification from the team, so it looks like the beta test is already over. 🤔
In response to my tickets, they said a new version was due this week but I guess that has slipped due to the clutch of new firmware and app releases in recent days. I’ll give it a few more days and see if we do get another beta. The beta Android app has favourites as well and is less buggy than the latest iOS app I’d say…

In response to my tickets, they said a new version was due this week but I guess that has slipped due to the clutch of new firmware and app releases in recent days. I’ll give it a few more days and see if we do get another beta. The beta Android app has favourites as well and is less buggy than the latest iOS app I’d say…
Thank you. 😉

My app has auto-updated to the public version and favorites and persistent groups are gone. (The URL for the beta app is now disabled and cannot be reverted...)

There were a few bugs, but in general the Android version was a good beta. 😄

Thank you. 😉

My app has auto-updated to the public version and favorites and persistent groups are gone. (The URL for the beta app is now disabled and cannot be reverted...)

There were a few bugs, but in general the Android version was a good beta. 😄
Check that the apk isn’t still in your downloads folder on your phone - that’s where I’ve been reloading it from when the public update has overwritten it. Delete the public app first then select the download to re-install the beta

Love the new landscape mode for IPad! It looks good, but I recommend a few minor format tweaks to make it even better. Make the album art larger, and shift the progress and control bars down, closer to the bottom of the screen. See below:

Current layout:
IMG_1487.png

Modified for larger album art:
wiimlanscape.png

Thanks for adding landscape mode to the app!

@WiiM Support,

Whilst there's no mention of it in the release notes there appears to have been changes to UPnP browsing, as for some reason the album tag is now being appended to track artists.

My server is passing '2021 - The Lockdown Sessions' in the album tag so it looks like it's <upnp:artist>-<upnp:album>

It was fine in 2.10.7.

I'll raise a ticket through the app.

AlbumAppended.jpg

I exclusively use the WiiM app for both Amazon and Qobuz. I really do not like the Qobuz album page. It used to be “large view” album covers from left to right for the particular artist that you choose. Now, when you click on “see more” it is vertical thumbnails and a pain to see the album cover unless you click on it. Not a big deal, but it takes me longer to find the familiar album that I want to cue up. A bit frustrating. Amazon has not changed which is a good thing.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.png
    IMG_0002.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Back