WiiM Home App v2.9.7 Update - May 13, 2024

At 12.36 WiiM Team posted that they would roll back the removal of standby settings then changed their minds and deleted the post.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240514-130854.png
    Screenshot_20240514-130854.png
    255.9 KB · Views: 24
As I said, if you have a specific use case for a shorter standby period, please let us know. I can bring this back to our team for further evaluation.

I also explained above why we need to make this change - putting the limit of the maximal volume when exiting the standby mode. Thank you!
The "specific use case" argument doesn't make sense. Your customers (including myself) are asking for the options to be restored to what was originally offered. Unless there is demonstrated harm to the equipment, that is what should be done.

Hi Team,

2. With this change, we are also introducing a reset of the maximum volume to 50% when exiting standby mode. This change has been discussed in detail in this forum thread.

Thank you all for your comments!
Hi, @WiiM Support.

I have the volume set to 100% for the Line-in. The Ethernet volume is 24%. Does the update of "2" mean that the volume of the Line-in will be 50% when the standby is restored?
(I can't confirm that because I have a beta farm.)

Also, what we are asking for is not to set the volume back to 50%, but to set it to an arbitrary default value.

Thank you. 🙂

I fully agree, I can't see any logical reason why these options have been removed, it should be up to the Amp owner to decide which setting to use, and now that the the only two that I use have been removed, I'm not happy.
The maximum volume of 50 when coming out of standby isn't going to affect me either, it would still be loud, I very rarely go beyond 40.

I got an email notification of it. Looks like another team member saw it and disagreed 🤣
This is ridiculous, for WiiM to remove settings that have given WiiM Amp owners the freedom of choice to use what settings they consider to be appropriate for their individual needs.

I got an email notification of it. Looks like another team member saw it and disagreed 🤣
Perhaps they hadn’t realised the impact as they intimated in the post they left up. As they say, if you feel strongly enough about it, submit a ticket and they might re evaluate the situation to be able to accommodate both the post wake-up volume limit and more standby time options

The maximum volume of 50 when coming out of standby isn't going to affect me either, it would still be loud, I very rarely go beyond 40.
When the volume is at 40%, does it change to 50% when the amp is on standby and then resumes? And what about when it's 60%?

My guess is that if the original volume is less than 50%, there will be no change.

Hi, @WiiM Support.

I have the volume set to 100% for the Line-in. The Ethernet volume is 24%. Does the update of "2" mean that the volume of the Line-in will be 50% when the standby is restored?
(I can't confirm that because I have a beta farm.)

Also, what we are asking for is not to set the volume back to 50%, but to set it to an arbitrary default value.

Thank you. 🙂
"I have the volume set to 100% for the Line-in. The Ethernet volume is 24%. Does the update of "2" mean that the volume of the Line-in will be 50% when the standby is restored?"

If your volume is set to less than 50%, it will maintain your current volume setting instead.

"I have the volume set to 100% for the Line-in. The Ethernet volume is 24%. Does the update of "2" mean that the volume of the Line-in will be 50% when the standby is restored?"

If your volume is set to less than 50%, it will maintain your current volume setting instead.
Therefore, the Line-in set to 100% volume will be 50% after returning to standby, right?

Sorry, it's very annoying for me. Is there a switch to turn it off?

We have limited the WiiM Amp standby time to three options for the following reasons:

1. Most AVRs (Audio/Video Receivers) do not use shorter standby times, such as 5 minutes or less. We believe there is no significant need for a shorter standby time except for slightly lower power consumption. If you have a specific use case for a shorter standby period, please let us know.
I don't see that as a valid reason to remove previously available settings.

I strongly believe that there is no significant need for the longer standby time settings, as why would anyone want to leave their Amp powered up for an additional minimum of 15 minutes each time their music finishes, and certainly not for 30 minutes or 1 hour, as all this is doing is unnecessarily using even more electricity, it's simply ludicrous.

When the volume is at 40%, does it change to 50% when the amp is on standby and then resumes? And what about when it's 60%?

My guess is that if the original volume is less than 50%, there will be no change.
Yes no change if less than 50%

Hi Team,

We have limited the WiiM Amp standby time to three options for the following reasons:

1. Most AVRs (Audio/Video Receivers) do not use shorter standby times, such as 5 minutes or less. We believe there is no significant need for a shorter standby time except for slightly lower power consumption. If you have a specific use case for a shorter standby period, please let us know.

2. With this change, we are also introducing a reset of the maximum volume to 50% when exiting standby mode. This change has been discussed in detail in this forum thread.

Thank you all for your comments!
Wiim is known to keep adding more features and not taking anything out. I have my amp set on 30 sec now that feature is gone. Many of us want the previous choice. What you could have done is add those as additional more choice.

Wiim is known to keep adding more features and not taking anything out. I have my amp set on 30 sec now that feature is gone. Many of us want the previous choice. What you could have done is add those as additional more choice.
The three remaining choices were already available with previous app versions, but they have decided to remove the three most useful shorter duration ones. :rolleyes:

Those choices were already available. I wouldn't be surprised if nobody used them. I'll just carry on switching the amp off with my smart plug (no relation 😀)

In my opinion, the volume 50% limit feature should be able to be turned on/off.
Therefore, the standby mode time is limited to 15 minutes or more only when it is turned on. When it is off, you can set the standby mode for 30 seconds, 2 minutes, and 5 minutes as before.

I don't see that as a valid reason to remove previously available settings.

I strongly believe that there is no significant need for the longer standby time settings, as why would anyone want to leave their Amp powered up for an additional minimum of 15 minutes each time their music finishes, and certainly not for 30 minutes or 1 hour, as all this is doing is unnecessarily using even more electricity, it's simply ludicrous.
I must be ludicrous then ;)

Last edited:
Back