WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.625032 Update - Aug 2, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Ultra update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.2.625032 (In Progress)

Release date:
8 / 2 / 2024

What's New:
  1. Roon Ready: Official Roon Ready certification achieved, enhancing audio integration and performance.
    Note: Should the WiiM Ultra not appear as 'Roon Ready' in the Roon app, please restart the app for accurate display.
    152521722664193_.pic.png
  2. Per-Channel EQ: Set parametric EQ settings for left and right channels individually (requires app version 2.10.7 or later).
  3. USB Disk Manual Scan: Improved USB media library scanning process.
  4. DSD Playback Enhancement: Now supports playing DSD audio tracks in DFF format.
  5. Screen Display Enhancements: USB output is now shown on the Input screen for easier control.
  6. USB Output Behavior: Device remains in USB Output mode when a USB sound card is connected.
Bug Fixes:
  1. Pop Noise Fix: Reduced pop noise for Spotify Connect and TIDAL Connect.
  2. General Improvements: Various bug fixes and performance enhancements for a smoother experience.

Last edited:
I tried now.. but it still doesn't appear in the app.
Until your device turn you can’t update. Can’t force update either. Give it several days and your device will update itself or prompt when available.

Until your device turn you can’t update. Can’t force update either. Give it several days and your device will update itself or prompt when available.
How curious, how this works. It's not very logical. Once you have a place to check for updates and it says it's up to date. I've already rebooted and also turned it on and off from the socket, but it doesn't appear.

How curious, how this works. It's not very logical. Once you have a place to check for updates and it says it's up to date. I've already rebooted and also turned it on and off from the socket, but it doesn't appear.
Unlike other device out there if there’s update you click update button and let you update. All wiim devices connected on their server taking turn when their devices is their turn. I’m not sure how the sequence based on what. Clicking update button basically check if it’s your device turn otherwise it will say up to date. As more wiim added on earth, it will take even longer unless they add more capacity on their end.

Unlike other device out there if there’s update you click update button and let you update. All wiim devices connected on their server taking turn when their devices is their turn. I’m not sure how the sequence based on what. Clicking update button basically check if it’s your device turn otherwise it will say up to date. As more wiim added on earth, it will take even longer unless they add more capacity on their end.
I understand, thanks for explaining. When I received the Ultra, as soon as I turned it on, it showed on the screen that there was an update. That's why I found it strange. Let's wait...

I understand, thanks for explaining. When I received the Ultra, as soon as I turned it on, it showed on the screen that there was an update. That's why I found it strange. Let's wait...
Yes same thing on mine because those updates been out for a while and most ultra already got theirs. When wiim posted release note on forum, it say progress meaning being rolled out till your device turn.

I once jokingly said that firmware updates are rolled out in waves (yes, they are) with priority based on the good looks of the owner (no, that's a joke). But they didn't recognise your avatar, so the firmware was mistakenly held back for you (yet another joke, but close to the truth). ;)

I once jokingly said that firmware updates are rolled out in waves (yes, they are) with priority based on the good looks of the owner (no, that's a joke). But they didn't recognise your avatar, so the firmware was mistakenly held back for you (yet another joke, but close to the truth). :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
This update is coming by ship from China... to Brazil ....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This is silly. Sonos updated everyone on the same day.
How do you know that for sure?

Is it just the way others update everyone on the same day, like Apple, Samsung, Xiaomi, Motorola, Lenovo, Google, Microsoft and so on? I don't see anything silly here.

Is it just the way others update everyone on the same day, like Apple, Samsung, Xiaomi, Motorola, Lenovo, Google, Microsoft and so on? I don't see anything silly here.
Isn't Sonos the brand whose CEO came out publicly to apologize for the audio mistakes they made?

Reactions: pbr

Is it just the way others update everyone on the same day, like Apple, Samsung, Xiaomi, Motorola, Lenovo, Microsoft and so on? I don't see anything silly here.
It was a joke. Not everyone had automatic updates selected, so some people eluded the defective update for a short while.

Joking aside, app and firmware updates are still different things. If a device is equipped with sufficient flash memory, firmware updates can be downloaded silently in advance for a couple of days. The actual update can then be executed more or less in a big bang scenario. When it comes to app updates control is finally in the hands of the relevant app store.

Isn't Sonos the brand whose CEO came out publicly to apologize for the audio mistakes they made?
All these overpriced streamer does in fact provide better performance if you’re aftering the remaining 10 percent.

It was a joke. Not everyone had automatic updates selected, so some people eluded the defective update for a short while.
Actually I am still using the old application and firmware on Sonos 😊
However I don’t open the app anymore as I use a WiiM mini plugged into my Sonos 5s
I doubt I will ever upgrade my app ever again or buy anymore Sonos gear

Back