WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.625032 Update - Aug 2, 2024

The update process is very easy and no any difficulties, even children can do the task easily

Actually I am still using the old application and firmware on Sonos 😊
However I don’t open the app anymore as I use a WiiM mini plugged into my Sonos 5s
I doubt I will ever upgrade my app ever again or buy anymore Sonos gear
The app currently is doing fine except for Sonos playlists. You apparently never used them.

All these overpriced streamer does in fact provide better performance if you’re aftering the remaining 10 percent.
Well... I'm trying to find this 10% difference in relation to the Cambridge CXN V2 that I have, if it's just updates I'd rather wait a few hours in line, no problem. And of everything I've been looking for I haven't found any streamer with a phono input, especially for this price. I want this update because I'm going to run the Wiim Ultra and Cambridge, via Roon, and connected to my 30-year-old MA6800 (Mcintosh), which I wouldn't trade for anything. To really see the difference. Doing it via Roon allows me to use the same setup so as not to make mistakes with presets, etc. The signal is the same. The tests I've done so far, I felt deeper bass on the Wiim Ultra, but it's still too early to say.

Well... I'm trying to find this 10% difference in relation to the Cambridge CXN V2 that I have, if it's just updates I'd rather wait a few hours in line, no problem. And of everything I've been looking for I haven't found any streamer with a phono input, especially for this price. I want this update because I'm going to run the Wiim Ultra and Cambridge, via Roon, and connected to my 30-year-old MA6800 (Mcintosh), which I wouldn't trade for anything. To really see the difference. Doing it via Roon allows me to use the same setup so as not to make mistakes with presets, etc. The signal is the same. The tests I've done so far, I felt deeper bass on the Wiim Ultra, but it's still too early to say.

I've seen this video of his about twice, this Ultra is going to be a lot of work for many manufacturers, people have yet to discover it, just wait.

Even more so since many adjustments should come out in the next few months, further improving the system, which for me is already excellent and now with Roon it's a great shot.

I've seen this video of his about twice, this Ultra is going to be a lot of work for many manufacturers, people have yet to discover it, just wait.

Even more so since many adjustments should come out in the next few months, further improving the system, which for me is already excellent and now with Roon it's a great shot.
I was about to return my ultra due to few click it get excessively loud but then realize that there was line level voltage. Normally 2V is fine but in my case I had to dropped to 800mv to become useable volume. In fact its sound much better on 800mv due to the fact of high gain amp and high gain out wiim. The famous ess sound I like. The sparkling highs I don’t get from akm. That’s my opinion your miles may vary.

Back