WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.627135 Update - Aug 23, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Ultra update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

Release date:

8 / 23 / 2024

What's New:
  1. LMS Enhancements: Add power control to manage the device's standby mode via LMS.
  2. Playback enhancements:
    • Add artwork display for Radio Paradise on the screen and app
    • Resolve a crash issue that caused unexpected playback stops on Chromecast.
    • Fix playback issues affecting certain custom radios.
    • Fix an issue where the first track was skipped during DLNA playback.
Bug Fixes:
  1. 12V Trigger Out Behavior: Improve to maintain the status of 12V Trigger Out after rebooting.
  2. General Enhancements: Various bug fixes and performance improvements for a smoother experience.

Last edited:
Nice, finally artwork displayed for radio Paradise. Thanks for that! Hopefully the chromecast issues will be solved with this update as well...

The update I would like to see is the rc enhancement that includes sub auto level, auto timing, auto crossover and independent peq.

I've gotten used to it, but the Wiim update system is bizarre, that's for sure... lol, I've never seen anything like it...

Chromecast on qoboz app still has problem of lag and disconnecting. Will this be ever fix?castlite ruin the experience of previous chromecast from other wiim that was working flawlessly

Just got the update this morning. I use Chromecast for Mixcloud and have been enduring the playback stops. Crossing fingers that this update fixes it.

Just got the update this morning. I use Chromecast for Mixcloud and have been enduring the playback stops. Crossing fingers that this update fixes it.
Let us know. There some app that use chromecast and leaving those rendered uselessly.

Can someone please check if your subwoofer is waking up after this update? Mine takes a long time to wake up unlike before it was instantaneous.

Let us know. There some app that use chromecast and leaving those rendered uselessly.
Issues have not been solved with plex/plexamp using chromecast with this firmware. It's still useless. Have re-connected my Wiim Pro, next to my Ultra, to my main system just to be able to use chromecast faultless (hopefully for the time being until the issue is solved) :(.

Last edited:
Now Chromecast has stopped working with Mixcloud. It is working with YouTube.

Last edited:
Issues have not been solved with plex/plexamp using chromecast with this firmware. It's still useless. Have re-connected my Wiim Pro to my main system as well just to be able to use chromecast faultless :(.
Ultra is leaving me unhappy and may return it. I will just use either pro or amp. I’m wiim fanatic but this chromecast issue that has been ongoing problem that hasn’t been resolved.

Now Chromecast has stopped working. Do I need to reset?
Try to reboot the wiim and see if that fix anything otherwise use your other wiim like pro to get chromecast working. I know it’s sucks because things don’t work out of the box.

Try to reboot the wiim and see if that fix anything otherwise use your other wiim like pro to get chromecast working. I know it’s sucks because things don’t work out of the box.
Reboot did the trick

This has been the only glitch since I got the Ultra a couple days ago. Otherwise it's worked like a charm! Great little unit.

EDIT: Well unfortunately it DIDN'T do the trick. Mixcloud still glitching. YouTube seem so be working fine through Chromecast. Weird.

Last edited:
Nice, finally artwork displayed for radio Paradise. Thanks for that! Hopefully the chromecast issues will be solved with this update as well...
yes.. good job.... but it still doesn't work with Roon, I don't know if it depends on the WiiM doing something or if it's Roon's fault

Back