Beta Test: Automatic timing alignment for Main Speakers and Subwoofer

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Hi WiiM Community,

We are looking for beta testers for the new Automatic Timing Alignment feature for Main Speakers and Subwoofer. This feature automatically measures the audio delay between your main speakers and subwoofer to achieve perfect synchronization.

If you are interested in beta testing this new feature, please provide your Wiim Forum username and MAC address in the Beta Test link.

Thanks!
WiiM Team

Attachments

• WeChat7ae6a2f02140dab3fb818ed07da9393b.jpg
    WeChat7ae6a2f02140dab3fb818ed07da9393b.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 23
  • WeChat7c1ce6d3300a76cc2638ea1c6817b2bc.jpg
    WeChat7c1ce6d3300a76cc2638ea1c6817b2bc.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 22
  • WeChata211956d585e74de22d8d889ca3963ff.jpg
    WeChata211956d585e74de22d8d889ca3963ff.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 22
Hi WiiM Community,

We are looking for beta testers for the new Automatic Timing Alignment feature for Main Speakers and Subwoofer. This feature automatically measures the audio delay between your main speakers and subwoofer to achieve perfect synchronization.

If you are interested in beta testing this new feature, please provide your Wiim Forum username and MAC address in the Beta Test link.

Thanks!
WiiM Team
There is not a reply here yet, is it because no one wants to do it?

If there is not a single beta tester, I am willing to take on the task. But perhaps this test will not be easy. I have a few questions I would like to ask.

1. My sub has no delay (at least not that I can hear).

>> I need to move the sub to another location and go to the trouble of creating a delay. But I don't want to move my current setup if possible and I don't want to hurt my back. Is there any other way to do this?

2. I don't know what kind of test i need to do.

>> I need a track for testing. What can I use to easily determine the delay?
Would it be appropriate to play such a video on Youtube?
Probably need a sound with bass around 100hz...?

3. Can my ears judge the difference of 1 ms?

>> Probably not. How can I judge that this function is working properly?

Sorry, I'm willing but may not be able to. Thanks.

If there is not a single beta tester, I am willing to take on the task. But perhaps this test will not be easy. I have a few questions I would like to ask.

>> I need to move the sub to another location and go to the trouble of creating a delay. But I don't want to move my current setup if possible and I don't want to hurt my back. Is there any other way to do this?

Hi Wiimer,

Thank you for your great questions. I'll discuss them with our engineers to explore whether we can provide an easy way to verify if the automatic timing alignment is functioning correctly.

I haven't replied but I have signed up 👍
My manual setting is currently 6ms based on measurements with REW and trying to maximise the volume at the crossover frequency.

My manual setting is currently 6ms based on measurements with REW and trying to maximise the volume at the crossover frequency.
Fictional character like exploring beta test. Are you still on beta independent peq?

I am not likely to be able to make such a measurement so I will leave it to you. 😄😄😄
Thanks.

Hi WiiM Community,

Thanks!
WiiM Team
Now i don't have a SUB anymore but, when I did have one, time alignement between main speakers and SUB was of the most importance! Very nice feature for all of those that have Speakers+SUB.

I‘m really looking forward to this feature once it’s ready, but I can’t test if it works as intended.

Works perfect on my car dsp.
Audible by ear.
But I think it's better to have a manual option as well.
Also be used independent for left and right speaker excluding a sub
Thanks

Is this for products that have a seperate sub out or will it work with my pro plus?

Does it need to know where the crossover frequency or is it looking for a difference in phase across the frequency range?

Is this for products that have a seperate sub out or will it work with my pro plus?
Since there is no way of delaying the speaker and sub signals independently with no dedicated sub out the answer is no, it won't work with your WiiM Pro Plus.

Does it need to know where the crossover frequency or is it looking for a difference in phase across the frequency range?
This will only apply on ultra, amp, amp pro.

Back