Beta Test: Plex

I can’t see that a Plex endpoint is any more complex than any of them
headless Plexamp is a fully independent player instance and does some things different vs most other receiver/connect endpoints ... for example, it caches entire files for at least current + next track

headless Plexamp is a fully independent player instance and does some things different vs most other receiver/connect endpoints ... for example, it caches entire files for at least current + next track
A bit like Amazon Music then on echo and other devices I suspect. Let’s see what WiiM and Plex can achieve then…

I’d expect that for the Mini but not necessarily so for the others due to their greater ram and number of cpu cores - after all, they already accommodate the requirements and act as Connect endpoints/renderers for UPnP, Spotify, Tidal, Amazon Music, Sqeezelite etc and I can’t see that a Plex endpoint is any more complex than any of them
Well it is a bit more complex... for a Raspberry PI to act as an endpoint, it runs a full instance of Plex headless and it can do DSP stuff like limiting, normalisation, EQ, fades. The implementation on the WiiM devices would have to be a bit more barebones (which I wouldn't mind - I just want bit-perfect playback)

* oops: what tgp-2 said ;)

Back