Beta Test: Plex

I have 2 Plex servers. One on a WD NAS and one on a Mac Mini, both have 50000 tracks on them.The former is permanently unavailable and the Mac Mini is available but when I select the library where most of the files are it reverts to another folder with only two 5.1 albums in it. So when I select Library Radio it alternates between these two only. Looks like a long way to go yet.

Now that I get Plex to work my first feedback:

Playback is not registered by Plex server. Which means the Plex Dash App doesn’t show a current stream and serverside last.fm scrobbling doesn’t happen. That’s a downer and kind of disappointing.

I’m afraid the new iOS app does nothing for me - I get the same unavailable message :(
Update: I stopped and restarted Plex, and logged out and back in to Plex in the WiiM Home app and at least I’m accessing my library now. Seems a bit slower than the Plex web interface but I’ll play around with it a bit more and hopefully report back.

Last edited:
Update: I stopped and restarted Plex, and logged out an back in to Plex in the WiiM Home app and at least I’m accessing my library now. Seems a bit slower than the Plex web interface but I’ll play around with it a bit more and hopefully report back.
Working on the beta from TestFlight (2.11.6). Tried several times to logout and login from the Plex account in WiiM Home but still can't connect to the Plex server in the same network

Working on the beta from TestFlight (2.11.6). Tried several times to logout and login from the Plex account in WiiM Home but still can't connect to the Plex server in the same network
I uninstalled the beta App and installed the official App Store Version. Looks like the TestFlight version has not yet received the fix.

I uninstalled the beta App and installed the official App Store Version. Looks like the TestFlight version has not yet received the fix.
This is interesting, the App Store version is 2.11.6 which is the same as the TestFlight one which is not working

I am curious to know what Firmware Version is required for this Plexamp beta. I currently have 5.2.628942 and see no sign of Plex in the WiiM app?

Last edited:
I’m on 4.6.628349 on my Mini and can use Plex on my iPad app 2.11.6 which I updated today. Did you expressly sign up for the beta?
Yes, I filled out the Google form with my User ID and MAC address. I do see my Plex Server in Home Music Share, is that where it appears if you are part of the Beta program?

Attachments

• IMG_8054.jpeg
    IMG_8054.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 6
Yes, I filled out the Google form with my User ID and MAC address. I do see my Plex Server in Home Music Share, is that where it appears if you are part of the Beta program?
No, it will only appear there if you have DLNA enabled on your Plex server. There should be a Plex entry on the main browse page in the WiiM home app (check under manage services too in case it’s toggled off there).

Try updating the app again from the App Store (or delete and re install) as they did an update overnight.

No, it will only appear there if you have DLNA enabled on your Plex server. There should be a Plex entry on the main browse page in the WiiM home app (check under manage services too in case it’s toggled off there).

Try updating the app again from the App Store (or delete and re install) as they did an update overnight.
Thanks, that's where I was expecting to see it, thanks for confirming that. I now feel like I know what I am looking for. Thanks for the help.

I'm not sure you need to enable DLNA as Plex has its own interface to browse and interact the library. I don't remember reading about this in the posts related to Plex. The requirement is to have a Plex server in the same local network as the device on which WiiM Home is being run.

I'm not sure you need to enable DLNA as Plex has its own interface to browse and interact the library. I don't remember reading about this in the posts related to Plex. The requirement is to have a Plex server in the same local network as the device on which WiiM Home is being run.
That’s not the point I was making - I was saying DLNA must have been enabled for it to appear under Home Music Share, not that it was necessary for the Plex beta to work.

True, Plex-server with DLNA enabled has been visible under Home Music Share since I got my Pro when it was released, so that has nothing to do with the Plex Beta.

Now that I get Plex to work my first feedback:

Playback is not registered by Plex server. Which means the Plex Dash App doesn’t show a current stream and serverside last.fm scrobbling doesn’t happen. That’s a downer and kind of disappointing.
Yeah, I hope they're able to remedy this. It's the one thing that was going to make this viable for my usecase, if their plex implementation didn't involve casting to an endpoint.

Back