Beta Test: Plex

Isn’t „If you want LMS or PlexAmp endpoints buy the more expensive models“ what the marketing department wants as upsell arguments?
I've nothing to do with WiiM nor their marketing department, but if anyone was to ask my advice on which WiiM to start off with, I'd say at least the Pro due to its connectivity, form factor, current features and greater capacity for future enhancements

I received the TestFlight link for the iOS Beta App. Doesn’t work either. I submitted the according feedback and hope they’ll find a hint in the logs.

My server in on Linux (QNAP). I just installed the iOS beta from Testflight and will test it this afternoon

So I've have the updated firmware now, but don't see anything different from the App. I see Plex as an option for Media server source but that has always been that way for me.

1000003932.png

I also see Wiim Pro as a device on my Plex app. Is this the change this beta is giving me?

1000003933.png

So I've have the updated firmware now, but don't see anything different from the App. I see Plex as an option for Media server source but that has always been that way for me.

View attachment 11520

I also see Wiim Pro as a device on my Plex app. Is this the change this beta is giving me?

View attachment 11521
Looks like you had DLNA turned on previously and that it’s using Chromecast to send audio to your Pro as it probably always did. I would expect Plex to appear under Manage services on the browse page in the app but I’m only guessing as I’m still waiting on the beta firmware for my Mini.

Ok that's what I wanted to know if I was still waiting for something updated within the app. Sounds like we are waiting for Plex to be added under Music Service.

Ok that's what I wanted to know if I was still waiting for something updated within the app. Sounds like we are waiting for Plex to be added under Music Service.
Which o/s and which version of the app are you on? Maybe someone who does have the firmware can confirm my assumptions.

Yes. The sense of this change is to have WiiM Home being able to browse and play music using the native Plex interface. Hopefully, in the future, the WiiM Team will also allow to use one WiiM device as Plex endpoint.

I'm using Android OS and here is my firmware info
You've got the same build-date as me. I suspect that's just the recent (early September) firmware update and not the beta?

Also, I don't think the beta has been rolled out to the Android just yet? They said last week that it would come out "next week" (so presumably sometime this week?) and there's been no update since then (and i don't think I've seen anyone in here report getting the beta on Android).

You've got the same build-date as me. I suspect that's just the recent (early September) firmware update and not the beta?

Also, I don't think the beta has been rolled out to the Android just yet? They said last week that it would come out "next week" (so presumably sometime this week?) and there's been no update since then (and i don't think I've seen anyone in here report getting the beta on Android).
Which Android app version do you have? 2.11.5 is the latest.

same here - 2.11.5.240909

OK I just wanted to make sure I was not missing anything just yet.

Finally got the beta this morning for my Mini and getting an “unavailable” error after logging in to the Plex server that’s installed on my Synology NAS. Ticket submitted.

Finally got the beta this morning for my Mini and getting an “unavailable” error after logging in to the Plex server that’s installed on my Synology NAS. Ticket submitted.
You’re in good company with some other beta testers with this error…

Anyone got the Plex beta for their Mini yet? I’ll maybe just need to be patient as I hear they roll out these graudually over a period of a few days 😉😂
Yes, but I'm on Android so still waiting for the updated app

Back