Beta Test: Replay Gain for TIDAL

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Hi WiiM Community,

We are currently seeking beta testers for our Replay Gain for TIDAL feature. This feature ensures consistent audio volume across tracks or albums, minimizing the need for manual adjustments.

In the future, we will extend Replay Gain support to Qobuz, Spotify, NAS, and more, as well as to playback files with embedded Replay Gain tags.

If you are interested in beta testing this new feature, please provide your Wiim Forum username and MAC address in the Beta Test link.

Thanks!
WiiM Team

Attachments

• 1729081111162.png
    1729081111162.png
    117.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Does Tidal even provide track gain? I think in LMS only album gain is available for Tidal.
Yes, in the tidal's app there is play gain track based but...
- It just lowers loud tracks and doesn't rise the quiet ones
- it has no effect with tidal connect

Some third-party app like Bluos, can apply desired normalisation (track, album or smart) but some tracks have probably wrong LUFS flag and are played at very low level if normalisation is inserted. This happens with Qobuz also, so it's probably a track quirk. I'm curious to see how WiiM will manage these. One I remind is Shark Skin Suit by Robby Krieger and the Soul Savages

Last edited:
Yes, in the tidal's app there is play gain track based but...
- It just lower loud tracks and doesn't rise the quiet ones
- it has no effect with tidal connect

Some third-party app like Bluos, can apply desired normalisation (track, album or smart) but some tracks have probably wrong LUFS flag and are played at very low level if normalisation is inserted. This happens with Qobuz also, so it's probably a track quirk. I'm curious to see how WiiM will manage these. One I remind is Shark Skin Suit by Robby Krieger and the Soul Savages
Hi Merifon,

Thank you for sharing this information. I'll pass it along to our engineers to investigate how these particular cases can be managed, especially regarding normalization with tracks like "Shark Skin Suit" by Robby Krieger and the Soul Savages. We'll also look into how WiiM handles similar quirks with TIDAL Connect and other streaming services like Qobuz. Your feedback is valuable, and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Hi WiiM Community,

We are currently seeking beta testers for our Replay Gain for TIDAL feature. This feature ensures consistent audio volume across tracks or albums, minimizing the need for manual adjustments.

In the future, we will extend Replay Gain support to Qobuz, Spotify, NAS, and more, as well as to playback files with embedded Replay Gain tags.

If you are interested in beta testing this new feature, please provide your Wiim Forum username and MAC address in the Beta Test link.

Thanks!
WiiM Team

It's coming! 🙏

I don't use TIDAL but I'm eagger to beta test it when it arrives on playback files with embedded Replay Gain tags and eventually also on Spotify :)

Nice to know that Replay Gain feature is coming! 🎉

Back