Beta Test: Room Correction for Android

yes I assume that oddly enough when I plug in another USBC to 3/4 in adapter dac dongle like a Samsung or a generic it's still defaults to external mic and it doesn't show any change. only the Apple dongle shows a change in Mic from external.
Which part of the adapter is 3/4 inch?

it's odd that the apple dongle is the only one that works when all three dongles are ostensibly the same.
Any idea what "h2w" means? Do the other two really not work or do they just report a different name for the microphone?

it's odd that the apple dongle is the only one that works when all three dongles are ostensibly the same.
I wouldn't necessarily expect a dongle DAC with a headphone output to handle a mic. I would expect an adapter to do so.

Last edited:
I wouldn't necessarily expect a dongle DAC with a headphone output to handle a mic. I would expect an adapter to do so.
well all three are dongle DAC mic capable. and are used as such with telephone headsets by my wife and I. the only one to work and register the imm6 as non phone mic is the Apple dongle.

well all three are dongle DAC mic capable. and are used as such with telephone headsets by my wife and I. the only one to work and register the imm6 as non phone mic is the Apple dongle.
Gotcha.

Tried the second beta and am very happy.
I used my Moto G53 which has shown it has a good response from other apps.
I set for 6db gain and the range from 58 to 3500hz.
I only have little Wharfedale diamonds, so trying to wring out more bass below this frequency is probably a waste of time.
Really enjoying my music 😄

I only have little Wharfedale diamonds, so trying to wring out more bass below this frequency is probably a waste of time.

If you want performance <60hz, get a sub.

WiiM Home App 2.10.9 for Android including the release version of room correction is just out on Google Play. :)

I have my sub crossover set at 82 kilohertz so I'm setting it at 82 and above for the room correct as per wiim suggestions.
They didn't actually suggested or even recommended doing so. The rather talked about the status quo being different for Android and iOS and making the inclusion of the subwoofer a user selectable option in the future.

WiiM Home App 2.10.9 for Android including the release version of room correction is just out on Google Play. :)

They didn't actually suggested or even recommended doing so. The rather talked about the status quo being different for Android and iOS and making the inclusion of the subwoofer a user selectable option in the future.
wiim suggests setting the start point at your crossover thresh hold the last I checked.

from wiims official room correction instructions

. Subwoofer:

Currently, our Room Correction is not compatible with subwoofers. We are working on this feature.
Check your subwoofer's crossover frequency and ensure the start of the frequency range for correction is above this crossover to avoid incorrect adjustments for your room's acoustics.

Back