Beta Test: Room Correction for Android

from wiims official room correction instructions

. Subwoofer:

Currently, our Room Correction is not compatible with subwoofers. We are working on this feature.
Check your subwoofer's crossover frequency and ensure the start of the frequency range for correction is above this crossover to avoid incorrect adjustments for your room's acoustics.
That is out of date. The Android beta app and presumably the latest update does include the subwoofer.

sorry so understand correctly wiim instructions remain the same, set the stop point at your sub crossover setting?
With the beta Android app you could correct below the crossover frequency. I haven't tried the latest updated app yet. It would make no sense to exclude the subwoofer frequencies from room correction. Try it and see.

With the beta Android app you could correct below the crossover frequency. I haven't tried the latest updated app yet. It would make no sense to exclude the subwoofer frequencies from room correction. Try it and see.
Well they have removed the correction below the crossover frequency in the official app.
This is now
Screenshot_20240803-095230.png

This is with the beta
Screenshot_20240801-102053.png

The 65Hz correction has been removed. Unbelievable.
Good job I saved the result with the beta.

Hello, bonjour

I received this morning the Wiim Home update of 01/08. I tested Room correction right away. The implementation is easy and fast. But, the result after listening, is not good. Far too many low frequencies (+ 10db 42 Hz) which put my speakers with 18 cm speakers in difficulty. For the corrected higher frequencies, a sort of veil has settled.
My room is a 42 m² living room without audio processing. The usual sound is rather rising. Listening at 2m/2.5m

Français/Anglais by Google

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-08-03-08-52-28-15_5592fe85c89b9c7526dd9939eef9599a.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-08-03-08-52-28-15_5592fe85c89b9c7526dd9939eef9599a.jpg
    601.2 KB · Views: 17
Hello, bonjour

I received this morning the Wiim Home update of 01/08. I tested Room correction right away. The implementation is easy and fast. But, the result after listening, is not good. Far too many low frequencies (+ 10db 42 Hz) which put my speakers with 18 cm speakers in difficulty. For the corrected higher frequencies, a sort of veil has settled.
My room is a 42 m² living room without audio processing. The usual sound is rather rising. Listening at 2m/2.5m

Français/Anglais by Google
Hi,
Could you try running RC with a flat target curve and a frequency range of 50hz-250hz?

not really. just get older version apk and apply beta update.
I could do that. I already have my PEQ saved so I can wait until they add the option to include the subwoofer. It shouldn't take long since we already know it works 😀

I could do that. I already have my PEQ saved so I can wait until they add the option to include the subwoofer. It shouldn't take long since we already know it works 😀
well this is my correction using imm6 mic on Samsung s10e and latest wiim update. interesting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240803_083926_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20240803_083926_WiiM Home.jpg
    810.4 KB · Views: 45
Back