Beta Test: Room Correction for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus, Amp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say that above 250 hz the corrections should not have higher q than 1 and no more than 3db

where and how to obtain the correction curves associated with the different iPhones (which we can imagine being used by the different app software on these approaches) ????
as in other software, could this correction curve be presented in the Wiim software?

Hi,

We're looking for WiiM owners of WiiM Pro, Pro Plus, Amp who are interested in beta testing the Room Correction feature we hope to roll out.

If you're interested, please provide your information below in the form, and we'll OTA the beta firmware when it's available.

Please note that the Room Correction feature will first be rolled out to the Amp, Pro/Pro Plus products.

WiiM Mini is TBD as we test to see if it could support the Room Correction feature.

Best,
WiiM Team
Hi @WiiM Team , quick note about your new sign-in process, the list of services (tidal, Spotify etc...) is missing a checkbox for TuneIn (or did I just miss it ?)

For anybody watching this thread patiently awaiting the beta (like me) it looks like the WiiM team has opened it up here. Signing up seems to get you instant access.

For anybody watching this thread patiently awaiting the beta (like me) it looks like the WiiM team has opened it up here. Signing up seems to get you instant access.
Thanks for posting this here @101fallingdown. Beta firmware access won't happen right away, but we're working on a systematic way for beta users to get the beta firmware sent to them.

Submit a ticket again to WiiM asking to be included again
Here?
Thanks

Here?
Thanks
No, thru the settings/feedback section in the mobile WiiM Home app

Hi,

We're looking for WiiM owners of WiiM Pro, Pro Plus, Amp who are interested in beta testing the Room Correction feature we hope to roll out.

If you're interested, please provide your information below in the form, and we'll OTA the beta firmware when it's available.

Please note that the Room Correction feature will first be rolled out to the Amp, Pro/Pro Plus products.

WiiM Mini is TBD as we test to see if it could support the Room Correction feature.

Best,
WiiM Team
Applied

Thanks for posting this here @101fallingdown. Beta firmware access won't happen right away, but we're working on a systematic way for beta users to get the beta firmware sent to them.
Any idea how long it should take before getting access to the beta firmware? Will I get a notification in the app without constantly checking for updates and will it require a beta version of the app to go with it?

Plugging UMIk1 directly into wiim ultra and using it that way would be brilliant.

Personally I'm not sure how a room EQ function would work in my system, so would have to think about it, so even if the wiim ultra had delay/phase/room EQ/levels not sure if it'll gel together. Imagining the even if the wiim "does everything room EQ" if get it work..

1) Hifi with Outlaw ICBM-1, speakers are high passed before the amplifiers. Signal from outlaw into a antimode then onto sub
2) AV system 9.3.4. AV pre amp has room correction but is lousy. AV pre has modes for stereo (bass managed, 60hz setting, subs x3) and pure (full range left right no sub)

For the AV system L & R measurement and correction would work if the Ultra did that but I'd need to set my av pre in pure mode otherwise I'd have stacking EQ.

For Hifi I'm not sure it'll work at all as no way to seperate correction channels for left, right and sub.

Last edited:
Plugging UMIk1 directly into wiim ultra and using it that way would be brilliant.

Personally I'm not sure how a room EQ function would work in my system, so would have to think about it, so even if the wiim ultra had delay/phase/room EQ/levels not sure if it'll gel together. Imagining the even if the wiim "does everything room EQ" if get it work..

1) Hifi with Outlaw ICBM-1, speakers are high passed before the amplifiers. Signal from outlaw into a antimode then onto sub
2) AV system 9.3.4. AV pre amp has room correction but is lousy. AV pre has modes for stereo (bass managed, 60hz setting, subs x3) and pure (full range left right no sub)

For the AV system L & R measurement and correction would work if the Ultra did that but I'd need to set my av pre in pure mode otherwise I'd have stacking EQ.

For Hifi I'm not sure it'll work at all as no way to seperate correction channels for left, right and sub.
It might be more convenient (wire length) and easier for WiiM to implement, to support plugging it in the phone instead.

@WiiM Support @WiiM Team, this is the first firmware and algorithm that made sound great but the new algorithm is not direct inverted and made my sound muffled. Can we get this algorithm back?

Attachments

• IMG_3012.jpeg
    IMG_3012.jpeg
    27.1 KB · Views: 19
That was one really, really suspicious early measurement by @Brantome. 15 dB of gain in the highs and just as much in the bass. I'm sure this didn't sound muffled at all ...

If the wiim ultra exported measurement results to a file to save onto a usb stick to import into REW directly would be brilliant. Of course needs to import mic measurement file.

My AT300 once imported the microphone cal file permanently stores that file into non volatile memory, so I don't need to keep the file on a USB stick everytime you use the bundled mic. Would it be possible to do the same?

If the wiim ultra exported measurement results to a file to save onto a usb stick to import into REW directly would be brilliant. Of course needs to import mic measurement file.

My AT300 once imported the microphone cal file permanently stores that file into non volatile memory, so I don't need to keep the file on a USB stick everytime you use the bundled mic. Would it be possible to do the same?

For me, even if RC gets totally sorted on the Ultra, I'm not sure it’ll ever be better than REW. Any reason you’re not going to just use that? Just asking.

For me, even if RC gets totally sorted on the Ultra, I'm not sure it’ll ever be better than REW. Any reason you’re not going to just use that? Just asking.

Seem to have unusual issues with REW, messing around with asio, and nice to have external measurement as another measurement tool to verify results. Plus not everyone wants to use complex REW. But if it had ability then import/export feature for those that do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back