Open Beta Testing Opportunities

I don't think the beta environment is fully set up yet in terms of automatically sending out firmware updates. Raising a ticket thru the feedback section in the WiiM Home app requesting the beta might be more fruitful
i tried that - still waiting on a response- ticket is
Issues

ISS-RC-005​

There should be an instruction. There so many of us lost in the dark if we did it correctly or why we weren’t getting it.

There should be an instruction. There so many of us lost in the dark if we did it correctly or why we weren’t getting it.
agreed, on the other hand im sure there extremely busy so im sure there going by priority, BUT wish they made it a bit easier

Now 10 band PEQ is in the latest official firmware release is there any point in staying on the beta firmware as an Android user? If not how do you leave?

Now 10 band PEQ is in the latest official firmware release is there any point in staying on the beta firmware as an Android user? If not how do you leave?
Under device info, you might be able to click on the firmware version (if it says beta) and opt out there from the popup menu

Under device info, you might be able to click on the firmware version (if it says beta) and opt out there from the popup menu
It doesn't say beta. I can feel another ticket to WiiM coming on. Or I just stay on the beta and hope it overtakes the official firmware. Per- channel PEQ should be coming soon so I imagine that will go through beta before release.

Same here, I want to get out on beta but no beta to opt out. I sent message but they haven’t remove beta.

I sent a ticket to WiiM through the app asking how to leave the beta program. Just got a reply saying to click on firmware version and update from the popup menu. There is no popup menu. If it was that easy I wouldn't be asking them 🤦‍♂️. I replied so let's see what happens next.

I sent a ticket to WiiM through the app asking how to leave the beta program. Just got a reply saying to click on firmware version and update from the popup menu. There is no popup menu. If it was that easy I wouldn't be asking them 🤦‍♂️. I replied so let's see what happens next.
Device Info. Click firmware Version. Popup says you are on beta - switch to stable production version.

Attachments

• IMG_4881.png
    IMG_4881.png
    1 MB · Views: 5
Device Info. Click firmware Version. Popup says you are on beta - switch to stable production version.
At least speaking for the WiiM Amp, firmware 5.0.615252 is not officially a beta version. Clicking the firmware version does nothing.

Unfortunately, it's also not an official production firmware, as it's not been mentioned in the firmware release notes:

This leaves some in the status described by @slartibartfast.

At least speaking for the WiiM Amp, firmware 5.0.615252 is not officially a beta version. Clicking the firmware version does nothing.

Unfortunately, it's also not an official production firmware, as it's not been mentioned in the firmware release notes:

This leaves some in the status described by @slartibartfast.
Exactly

Do you think I haven't tried that?
On wiim amp 5252 you won’t see beta. Send them email via app and tell them you want to be removed from beta and get official firmware. That’s all I did and next day I was on official firmware.

Back