Idea for new ultimate WiiM device

It would hardly be the ultimate WiiM device if it didn’t support Amazon Music AlexaCast which is one of the current USPs of the mini and Pro, plus it seems illogical to have optical and coax outputs without inputs, relying on some yet to be developed or readily available adaptors. I’m struggling to think of a use case for 8 usb-C inputs as well…

There should be available also optical to USB-C, coaxial to USB-C, HDMI-ARC to USB-C etc. adapters, as described in this document. USB-C was chosen as the most universal interface that support both analog and digital signal.

As for Alexa Cast — it can be trivially added to the current list of network inputs.

There should be available also optical to USB-C, coaxial to USB-C, HDMI-ARC to USB-C etc. adapters, as described in this document. USB-C was chosen as the most universal interface that support both analog and digital signal.

As for Alexa Cast — it can be trivially added to the current list of network inputs.
I’m not convinced I’m afraid - I don’t want to have to source different adaptors for common interfaces. If you follow your logic, why not have all outputs as usb-c and use adaptors there as well rather than what you show? I don’t use usb-c for anything other than charging my phone…

Some time ago I've described plan of new ultimate streaming device, now I'm ready share it with Wiim team and community.
Description
I look forward to seeing your company’s new products. What’s your company’s name? When will your product be released? You’ve obviously done all the engineering, and secured the financing, right? I mean, this stuff is so easy, right?

Back