Open Beta Testing Opportunities

Being on beta the update won’t be frequent like the official unless you want to be the first kid on the block to try new feature set.

Being on beta the update won’t be frequent like the official unless you want to be the first kid on the block to try new feature set.
I'm used to being on the Apple beta program, and receiving updates generally every 7-14 days, and always being ahead of the public release versions.

Ironically, subwoofer delay has been introduced in production FW 617255, but has never been on the previous beta FW 615252 ...

... might have been on a different beta version.

Ironically, subwoofer delay has been introduced in production FW 617255, but has never been on the previous beta FW 615252 ...

... might have been on a different beta version.
L/R PEQ is due to arrive in mid June and that wasn't in the beta either.

I received a reply to my ticket about 4 hours ago, saying that my Amp has been removed from the beta version, and to upgrade to the latest version.

I still don't have the option to upgrade, so I replied to my ticket and included screenshots of the Device Info screen, and the Check for Updates screen.

Hopefully they will resolve the issue for me.

Why does the beta not have the new subwoofer latency feature but the new public app does ? I'm confused

I'm used to being on the Apple beta program, and receiving updates generally every 7-14 days, and always being ahead of the public release versions.
After Apple bricked my wife’s phone, the tech at the genius store says, always wait a week before installing new updates.

So the public gets more features released before the beta?
Potentially. Once the beta feature is tested and ready, it’s then incorporated into the latest public release. There’s not really any reason to hold up other features being released into the public firmware just because there’s a parallel beta test firmware. If all new features were also incorporated into the beta, then that would mean they’re doubling up the work and maintaining two streams.

After Apple bricked my wife’s phone, the tech at the genius store says, always wait a week before installing new updates.
Or was it a "genius" at a tech store? ;)

The "always" in his statement has been debatable years ago. It's even more so today.

Back