Open Beta Testing Opportunities

On wiim amp 5252 you won’t see beta. Send them email via app and tell them you want to be removed from beta and get official firmware. That’s all I did and next day I was on official firmware.
That's what I did. They know which firmware I'm on so they should know I can't do it myself.

On wiim amp 5252 you won’t see beta. Send them email via app and tell them you want to be removed from beta and get official firmware. That’s all I did and next day I was on official firmware.
All sorted now. They removed me from the beta 👍

Different solution on my end.

FW 5.0.615252 finally did show up as beta in WiiM Home, so I could leave the beta program myself and switch to production firmware.
Mine also showed up as beta, and I selected to switch to the stable production version, but so far the newer version has not yet become available for my Amp.

First saw it this morning after seeing your post #43, although I have been checking regularly since seeing that non-beta Ver. 5.0.617255 had become available.
So is it just a coincidence that I sent them a screenshot yesterday of my device info showing that the firmware wasn't marked as beta? 😀

So is it just a coincidence that I sent them a screenshot yesterday of my device info showing that the firmware wasn't marked as beta? 😀
Or your and my ticket both convinced WiiM to change something ...

PS:
I noticed that the string "(beta)" didn't load straight away after clicking on device info but it took like half a second.to load, every time I entered this page.

Or your and my ticket both convinced WiiM to change something ...

PS:
I noticed that the string "(beta)" didn't load straight away after clicking on device info but it took like half a second.to load, every time I entered this page.
Have you been able to update to non-beta Ver. 5.0.617255?

Have you been able to update to non-beta Ver. 5.0.617255?
If you haven't been offered the non beta firmware you could try turning it off and turning it on again. I powered mine up after I received an email saying I had been removed from the beta program and was offered the new firmware immediately.

If you haven't been offered the non beta firmware you could try turning it off and turning it on again. I powered mine up after I received an email saying I had been removed from the beta program and was offered the new firmware immediately.
Yep. Immediately, in my case.
I have rebooted my Amp via the WiiM Home App, and the Device Info still shows as ver 5.0.615252, and when I check for updates it says my device is up to date.

I have rebooted my Amp via the WiiM Home App, and the Device Info still shows as ver 5.0.615252, and when I check for updates it says my device is up to date.
So it doesn't say beta any more but is still on the beta. Send another ticket to WiiM.

Back