Introducing WiiM Amp Pro

For Amazon US - We're hoping it will hit the Amazon distribution line by the end of this week or early next week. As soon as it hits the distribution line, Amazon will be able to provide an estimated ship date.
Why is the Amp Pro no longer showing up on Amazon?

A not yet so widely adopted mathematical model that aims at providing an "equivalent" ohmic impedance, representing a similarly hard to drive load as a complex impedance (high phase angle due to inductive or capacitive load).

EPDR = Equivalent Peak Dissipation Resistance

See here:

Luckily, the WiiM Amp Pro is very stable into reactive loads (high phase angels) at least down to the real part of the impedance (the ohmic resistance) being no lower than 4 ohms. Unfortunately, Amir doesn't bother to do tests at 3 ohms ohmic resistance and different phase angles. It doesn't have useful output into 2 ohms, which is to be expected.

There's always someone that will complain about something on the internet. Fact. What I don't get about all the Airplay hubbub is that the primary use case for most people with the WiiM devices is online streaming, is it not? Then why would you even need Airplay in the first place? If the user is trying to pass content between more than one system in their home, then the WiiM boxes are inexpensive enough, just buy one for each system, no? If these things were $1K, $2K and up streaming boxes like some brands, then I get it, you'd want full functionality for all desirable and conceivable goodies. But these boxes are in the $100 to $300-ish range, some people are just never satisfied I guess.
Yeah im totally on the same page as you. I think a part of the hifi hobby for some is to find faults in products so they dont have to buy it, i dunno. For me this is a perfect device for its price. My system has never sound this good.
If there was no bluetooth on here i would still buy it, because who uses bluetooth for listening at this price point. Thats not the point of a streamer i feel like.

The purchaser of a device might not necessarily be the sole user. So yes, they might only stream hi res from say Qobuz, but others in the household might expect the ease of use that airplay and even Bluetooth can offer. It’s not unreasonable to envisage a situation where a friend might visit and talk about a piece of music and want to open their iPhone, select your hi fi as a target and play it only to find this system you’ve raved about doesn’t support airplay. Hence the “hubbub” from certain members…

Back